Is 020t or 200t More desirable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said the saw was taken apart and in a box. All pieces being there. Included was a carb kit bag with the old carb kit. The diaphragm was stiff. Like I could not bend it at all.

Then I decided to take the carb apart. Yup it has a new kit in it, but.... The diaphragm was wrong and installed anyway.
Diaphragm on the bottom is old right one. Top diaphragm is the one that was installed. It was upside down and the gasket was on top. The alignment hole in the new kit is in the wrong place compared to the old one.

So I’m not sure what killed this saw, but I found something.

image.jpg

As I said the saw was taken apart and in a box. All pieces being there. Included was a carb kit bag with the old carb kit. The diaphragm was stiff. Like I could not bend it at all.

Then I decided to take the carb apart. Yup it has a new kit in it, but.... The diaphragm was wrong and installed anyway.
Diaphragm on the bottom is old right one. Top diaphragm is the one that was installed. It was upside down and the gasket was on top. The alignment hole in the new kit is in the wrong place compared to the old one.

So I’m not sure what killed this saw, but I found something.

View attachment 884540
Well it wont matter what killed it if you pressure test it and assemble it right. Where was the H jet set?

Before I took it apart it passed a pressure and vac test. Would you still change the seals?

I would yes, that way I don't have to second guess anything when a glitch appears. Do a new Cyl and carb it will be worth it. Its clean so it is valuable fixed right.

Ok, great advice thank you!

Just curious, what symptoms would the saw have had when they installed the diaphragm backwards and under the gasket?

Ok, great advice thank you!

Just curious, what symptoms would the saw have had when they installed the diaphragm backwards and under the gasket?

Probably would not run and if it did, would not run well and be difficult to tune.
But that probably had no bearing on why the saw was burned up and binned.
My guess now would be that the saw was a privately owner homeowner saw, not a tree service saw. Owner straight gassed it or leaned it way out- saw stopped running, so owner started to pull the carb to bits thinking it must be a carb problem- assembled it incorrectly- saw still doesnt run- finally admits defeat, takes it to the shop- they pull the muffler......

Latest posts

Back