Is a 346xp enough of a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paperdesk,
I'll agree with the guys recommending the MS360. I bought one last Saturday and used it some over the weekend. It is more money than you mentioned about spending,but I don't think you would regret getting one. Later on, you probably won't remember the cost so much as compared to what the saw will do.
I can already see it's going to make my cutting go faster and better. I'm cutting mesquite that's been down about 2 years.(Plenty Hard Wood) The 360 has no problems with it.
Kenny

Tony, what about an 088 or a 3120 for fun???:D in wood that size i really like the power of an 036.

346XP with a 16" bar gets my vote. For the last year it's been my sole climbing saw (besides a Silky 300 mm folding saw).

I work mostly alone, so my technique is not to lower whole limbs down, but to take em out 16" at a time. Most of my firewood cutting is done up in the air and therefore I need a saw reasonably light, powerful as heck and I do enjoy those extended upper-end RPM's.

I also knock my raker teeth down a bit more than many of you would. Yea, there's a greater chance of chain stall, but when you learn to couple the power that the 346XP has to offer, and the high RPM's, with a bit deeper bite into the wood, you'll be sailing through wood up to 16" like you've got a laser light saber in your hands. Also, I use full chisel chain and sharpen, generally, every other tank.

My other saw is a 394XP. Between the two, there's no firewood job or takedown that can't be handled. -TM-

Back