Is a fireplace unhealthy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now if she had a breathing problem already it might not be a good idea, but otherwise it's good to remember that life is fatal eventually.

This hits it on the head. My niece has severe asthma no fires candles or any type of smoke in the house. For a person with no pulmonary issues a properly working fireplace is a non issue.

What I am getting from the latest replies is that there is smoke that emits out to the room from the fireplace but it is either very little or it won't affect them because they don't already have pre- existing health problems like asthma or COPD i guess it is a everything in moderation situation however when you have a fire every night for 5-6 months from October through march that is no longer moderation. There are
conflicting opinions regarding this even on this forum and it is a valid point. It is just we are all hardcore wood burners and don't want to think we may be harming our families.i will continue to burn and appreciate the replies.

What I am getting from the latest replies is that there is smoke that emits out to the room from the fireplace but it is either very little or it won't affect them because they don't already have pre- existing health problems like asthma or COPD i guess it is a everything in moderation situation however when you have a fire every night for 5-6 months from October through march that is no longer moderation. There are
conflicting opinions regarding this even on this forum and it is a valid point. It is just we are all hardcore wood burners and don't want to think we may be harming our families.i will continue to burn and appreciate the replies.
if the chimney aint got any restrictions in it,,and your dampner is set right,,you should have NO smoke coming back into the house...........

Is she on home oxygen?

When yes she should start letting it flow into the burning chamber of the fireplace for a even better comlete combustion...

:crazy2::dancing:

Yep, it just might do that. It cause my Grandmama to have a stroke and die at 96. I'm certain she would have lived to 125 if she wouldn't have relied on the fireplace for the previous 95 years. Well that and cooking on a wood stove.

Robespierre...glad to hear you're using logic and common sense and back to cookin wood. Now go make a dent in that '3 seasons of firewood ahead' pile ya got. If it gets too much to carry, use the Uncle as your tote boy.

Latest posts

Back