Is a Stihl 510 really worth this much?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care if it's a 747, it's not worth 7 bills.

I've never seen a 08s with that style of muffler :confused:

When I got my 08S that was the same muffler that came with it but it had been cut off at the flange for some reason, I tossed it and got a common tin muffler for it, that is the type of muffler I have seen on all the other 08S`s that I have seen.

Pioneerguy600

That is an S10 muffler, the 08 S had the metal ones. It is an S10 with an 08S back handle.

Dave.

Was there ever a top handle model S10? I have heard there was but can`t seem to find any info to confirm this.
The saw in question appears to be a repainted frankensaw.

Pioneerguy600

Yes, there was a top handled S10. It's the least common of the family. I have both the top and rear handle versions, as well as a very early 08S. GALLERY

596928380_5LsSF-M.jpg

Was there ever a top handle model S10? I have heard there was but can`t seem to find any info to confirm this.
The saw in question appears to be a repainted frankensaw.

Pioneerguy600

I don't think there was a top handle S10 made, maybe someone can find a flyer or an add of one. You can make one very easily though. All the parts interchange. You could make a rear handled 08S, but it would not be a true 08S. I have seen several mixed up saws. I think that Brads is an 08S with an S10 clutch cover or an S10 with an 08S top handle put on. The S10 back handles all sell very fast, they broke all the time, being flimsy plastic, like the Husky L65's back handle. So I can see someone fitting there saw with an 08S handle to replace their broken S10 handle, or maybe they just wanted to convert it. I have turned several 08S also into TS350 cut off saws, which sell better, all the parts pretty much can interchange.

Dave.

Last edited:
Something has happened with that ad/bidding, as the high bid by now is more than 500 USD lower than it was yesterday - still too high though!

Back