Is all DuraPlus stuff created equal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pweber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last year I purchased my SS flex liner from Woodland Direct and installed it myself. I bought all the components from them and was happy with what I got. This year I'm putting up 9-12' of rigid pipe through my ceiling for wood stove number two, and I'm looking at using DuraVent DuraPlus triple-wall components. I see Home Depot does the 36" sections for cheaper than anyone else. Does anyone know if it is the same quality as what is sold for twice as much somewhere else? The model numbers seem to line up. Unfortunately, Home Depot doesn't sell all the components I need. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best place to shop online when you're just piecing it together yourself? Thanks.

I got all confused myself.....

I was looking for some after thinking I probably couldn't find a replacement for my Ameritec triple wall pipe.

I "believe" that there is a difference between the Duravent and DuraPlus Duravent, even though they have the Duravent name...

One may be a Simpson brand, the other a DuraVent brand?

But I never could really figure it out, was planning on having to go open up some boxes at the stores.

Luckily came across the manufacturer of my original pipe and have ordered the replacement.. (Changed their name)....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

No.... They are definitely not all created equal. if you can afford it go with Olympia Chimney. It's 1" insulation yet the best heat rated. The only brand where you dont need a heat radiation shield when going through a second floor closet.

Woodland sells it and also has the Champion brand which is the same stuff but OEM.

Woodland is a great company, I know them personally and if you've had good service from them they carry at least 4 brands. So they can help you out.

I think the question is: is all dura vent products the same quality regardless of its purchased location? If the numbers match up like you said then I would think you are dealing with the same product.
I have the Simpson Dura Vent Dura Pro triple wall chimney and am EXTREMELY satisfied. Mine came in a kit from a local farm store (dealer) and all of it was the galvanized (galvalume) in their language, and after 13 years is still looking pretty good. I did need several pieces of extra pipe and I bought stainless for those. I would recommend the stainless product as it still looks new and the galvanized is starting to show some surface rust.
That is my 2 cents.

Ron

As long as it's all DuraPlus brand and the part numbers match (listed on their website), where you buy it won't make any difference.

Bear in mind, all Simpson products are not created equally and will not play well with each other. DuraTech won't mate with DuraPlus, for example.

Thanks for all the input. I think I'm gonna go with the DuraPlus pipe this year and maybe upgrade a few years down the road if it doesn't hold up very well.

Latest posts

Back