Is an MS 200T really THAT much better than an 019T?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally had the decision made for me. A seemingly newish 200T hit my local c-list, so I jumped on it for $425. This let me list the brand new 200T which'll get about $900.

I started stripping down the new-to-me 200T, and found that I honestly think it was only used once. I don't think the side cover was ever taken off (see the markings on the bar, and how clean the recessions in the magnesium case where it clamps the bar are). Also the drive sprocket BARELY has the rough peened finish worn from the chain. Probably only 1/3 of the thickness of the roughness. It still had the muffler screen, and the carb was tuned to factory specs. The chain was the safety

I removed the spark-arrester, and trimmed the H-jet limiter to let me turn it out 7/8 of a turn or so. I'll get it in wood today to finish tuning the H-jet and see how it cuts. I'll compare it to the 019T with the same bars and chains for everyone.

7d836c34.jpg

0b3e67e3.jpg

a24d363b.jpg

a8d6fae7.jpg

58573574.jpg

55a44747.jpg

01a53ff2.jpg

e6a5086c.jpg

it's so ridiculous, the twerp dealers who jam stupid bloody safety chain onto a pro-grade saw need a kick up their a$$

Latest posts

Back