Is Anyone Interested In Seeing How I Port A 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You need to sharpen your grinder bits as they're not throwing big chips...

I've yet to find a BB 660 jug that I like Sam.

Have you had the chance to talk to the other Randy about the 660BB kits from our little Chinese mate? They are very very nice kits. They are from the same manufacturer as that 372XP BB kit I sent you a while back. If interested let me know or talk to Weedbeater Randy.

These are just the aluminum chips that landed on the bench.......there was a bunch in the floor.

If anyone is interested I'd be happy to share......

Does a bear sh#t in the woods? Come on Randy You know the answer. Eight pages worth in less than 24 hrs. You:rock: share away!!!

I forgot to mention,, that is the same big maple log,, there is a big difference in cut speed,,, I get a stiffy everytime I run it

Better get safety chaps for that. A cut to the legs would be horrible. A cut to the third leg would be unbearable.

Have you tried the step in the exhaust floor on a 50mm?

I have......and I use it on all the 372s I build these days. I also use it in 346s. Not all jugs will have enough meat there though.

Here's some pics of the finished jug.

I use a 180 grit diamond egg shaped burr to get this finish. It's not real rough, yet I like to think it promotes atomization. I use this finish in the lowers and intake, but use a smoother grit in the uppers.

Is this what happened to the 365 XT. Or is the 71 cc different than the 372 XP?

In this shot you can see the exhaust step pretty well.

The exhaust is finished with oiled 180 grit emery cloth, then fine ScotchBrite.

Hogging out the transfers on the XPW jugs makes them lose a lot of torque. I have two jugs here from a "bike tuner" that ran like crap. They don't build any velocity at 5k RPM or above because the transfers are big enough to put your thumb in.

I never do much work on the lower-mid 71cc transfers. The uppers need some work but that's about it. I'm running a 71cc that's the best saw I've ever had at 8,000' elevation and it has a mild port work-over and a Wiseco thin-ring piston.

I assume that a larger carb will change that "picture" a little? :confused2:

Is this what happened to the 365 XT. Or is the 71 cc different than the 372 XP?

It's a totally different cylinder and piston......but a lot of this still applies.

Very Nice Work Randy!

How bout a how you do a 346xp thread sometime soon? Please.:)

I just did one.....

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/230531.htm

I assume that a larger carb will change that "picture" a little? :confused2:

It sure would.

Back