Is Anyone Interested In Seeing How I Port A 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I my mind that ramp helps speed the evacuation of the exhaust by reducing the turbulence as the piston begins to open and the charge spills out and it also helps to direct the backpressure into the cylinder as the piston closes.

Ace Morgan, who was a legendary builder from this area, had been using the stepped exhaust since the mid 80's. He also used a "rafter port" which is a thin line cut into the bottom of the exhaust port to help with scavenging. His saws ran really well.

Unpossible, saw porting did not exist before the internets. :D

I'm just thinking out loud here:potstir:....... but I think "EVERYONE":msp_biggrin:...... especially "someone":msp_wink: would be interested in a "How Mastermind does big muscle saws". Could possibly expose the tricks on a rebuild and port of a 2100cd?:jester:

I would second that emotion. Say, another thread on building a monster 3120? Just a thought. But gotta have good threads like this one too.:msp_w00t:

I think you and I are no longer allowed to post in each others threads. I really don't understand that.....but also don't want to get the boot as a site sponsor. I think Jens email was the site owner's last effort at curbing the issue of member harassment as it was being reported to them.

It's not so much that you two don't get along. You and Brad have shown many times that you're more than capable of making an effort to keep things civil. You're both capable of disagreeing without resorting to insults and we appreciate that.

What we don't want, and what we won't allow, are the supporters and fans taking sides and taking potshots. It detracts from the intent of the thread and generally makes a mess of what was originally a good idea. It would be nice to have a build thread that didn't turn into a brawl.

Mrs.Arboristsite made it clear what the rules would be. They're not hard to follow. Any posts that don't directly address the thread and any posts that are deemed to be harassing or defamatory will be deleted and a warning or infraction issued.
We'd rather not have to do any of that. It's up to you guys.

Latest posts

Back