Is it time for an Echo stickie?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ray, I did find a thread that mentioned that which lead me to the same discovery. I will put the parts list and service manual on file so I have them ready at hand if I encounter another JD30 or similar saw.

EDIT: I just looked through the documents and wow, that is really good, information presented in a very useable manner. Thanks again Ray.

Mark

In need of a handle for the JD 66SV or CST-610EVL. I have the mount which comes off the clutch side of saw. thanks
Tom JD 66SV 5.jpeg

Thanks, I saw that the other day and looked up parts numbers to see if they were the same using the cst610evl which they are not. It looks like it would fit though. Maybe you know it would from past experience? Thanks again!
According to chainsawr the JD 65SV and 66SV use the same handle as the Echo 650/660evl, that could be wrong but the p/n they gave for the 65sv handle is the same as the p/n for the one I listed. However, the ipl says otherwise so I'll gracefully bow out.

According to chainsawr the JD 65SV and 66SV use the same handle as the Echo 650/660evl, that could be wrong but the p/n they gave for the 65sv handle is the same as the p/n for the one I listed. However, the ipl says otherwise so I'll gracefully bow out.
I'll get a confirmation, tks !!

Hello folks, I'm here with an odd question.
Does anyone know if there is a generic/aftermarket source for the V505000011 oil seals?
Thanks for any help in advance.

I mostly use the blue Husky oil and haven’t had any issues, but I’ve never seen carbon buildup like that in my dad’s saws and he ran Stihl oil for years. I’m going to guess that had a CAT muffler? I saw a similar looking piston except with grey carbon in a buddy’s blower that I rebuilt. I split the muffler and cut the lower half with the CAT out, so I’m hoping that will prevent that in the future.

I mostly use the blue Husky oil and haven’t had any issues, but I’ve never seen carbon buildup like that in my dad’s saws and he ran Stihl oil for years. I’m going to guess that had a CAT muffler? I saw a similar looking piston except with grey carbon in a buddy’s blower that I rebuilt. I split the muffler and cut the lower half with the CAT out, so I’m hoping that will prevent that in the future.
SRM 225 with a catalytic muffler. I got the same trimmer myself with the same muffler running echo oils and it looks great inside.

SRM 225 with a catalytic muffler. I got the same trimmer myself with the same muffler running echo oils and it looks great inside.
Huh! The guy who had his Echo blower blow up ran Echo oil and it had a fair bit of grey powder-like stuff on the piston, but it did have very little carbon. I’d still recommend gutting the muffler, the CATs will kill the engine over time. I’ve seen them do exactly what you’ve shown as well as melt the plastic part of the clamshell out from under the cylinder and melt the plastic guard that surrounds the muffler.

Huh! The guy who had his Echo blower blow up ran Echo oil and it had a fair bit of grey powder-like stuff on the piston, but it did have very little carbon. I’d still recommend gutting the muffler, the CATs will kill the engine over time. I’ve seen them do exactly what you’ve shown as well as melt the plastic part of the clamshell out from under the cylinder and melt the plastic guard that surrounds the muffler.
Nothing was melted on this just internals where gunked up. But i ran a fatter tune with ethanol free gas as well.

Yeah, I went to tune the blower after I put a new top end on it and I discovered it doesn’t have any tuning screws! So, however it runs is however it will run, I guess. My dad’s pole saw with the same type of carb ran long enough to wear out the piston, rings, and cylinder without getting scored so I’m not too worried.

Back