Is my new saw a Wright C-70?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
Had been talking with a fellow in Louisville for about 6 weeks on some saws he had and was finally able to make a trip to look over his accumulation. I ended up getting a bunch of stuff from him including this Wright chain saw that he had stored in his attic. The sticker is missing off the AF cover but in looking at Acres site this appears to be a C-70 at 116 cc's.

Wright2_zps6c0309f9.jpg

Wright4_zps5faabf01.jpg

Wright3_zps7ccaba48.jpg

The dealer tag you see in the next picture is from 1988. They apparently ran a compression test and the saw only hit 70 PSI...

Wright1_zps9e4bf0fc.jpg

It has a nice Oregon roller nose bar on it as well.

Wright5_zpsc4f44eb0.jpg

I know Chris and Lee have some of the Wright saws, I am thinking C-70 due to the spark advance on it. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm my thoughts.

I have to run out for a couple of hours but will post the other finds in a thread later.

Had been talking with a fellow in Louisville for about 6 weeks on some saws he had and was finally able to make a trip to look over his accumulation. I ended up getting a bunch of stuff from him including this Wright chain saw that he had stored in his attic. The sticker is missing off the AF cover but in looking at Acres site this appears to be a C-70 at 116 cc's.

Wright2_zps6c0309f9.jpg

Wright4_zps5faabf01.jpg

Wright3_zps7ccaba48.jpg

The dealer tag you see in the next picture is from 1988. They apparently ran a compression test and the saw only hit 70 PSI...

Wright1_zps9e4bf0fc.jpg

It has a nice Oregon roller nose bar on it as well.

Wright5_zpsc4f44eb0.jpg

I know Chris and Lee have some of the Wright saws, I am thinking C-70 due to the spark advance on it. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm my thoughts.

I have to run out for a couple of hours but will post the other finds in a thread later.

That is a C70 and its in fairly nice condition. They never had real high compression due to the shape of the piston head but one of mine with a NOS Piston and Cylinder has only 120 lbs cold.

yep i would say c70 as well have one i am working on right now mine has 100 psi of compression cold, strange it doesn't have the TI in the center of the recoil cover

Latest posts

Back