is this 2 cords of wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
face cords really...

I've personally put a cord on a ferd ranger... it was scary but it made it down the road.( the dot classifies that truck as a 1/4 ton)

Have a friend that regularly puts nearly 2 cord on an f-250 extended cab, its stacked 2+feet over the cab and the back seat is full of wood but he does do it... eats a whole pile of tires doing it, and I'm sure the axles are shot...

8.5'x9.5'x5'=403.75 or better then 2 cords, if stacked, but from the looks I imagine it wasn't stacked so like I said before its close, but probably a little under. but its for sure not no 1.3 cords... probably closer to 1.8+

Full Cord on a Ranger?

A full cord on a Ford Ranger? You are joking of course. That's my avatar. Even racked up and packed cab high, 82 cu ft of split firewood is about all she will hold in volume. My avatar shows about 75 cu ft.

If a customer wants a full cord. I make two trips and take it easy on the truck. Gasoline is cheaper than broken springs and a bent frame.

My guess is 1.5 cords. Face cords are not used as a term of measurement out West to my knowledge.

A full cord in a Ford Ranger would be stacked to 5 1/2 ft off the bed.
That's something I'd like to see.

short

I would say you got 1 1/2 cords there.
We delivered "2 cords" with a 1 ton flat bed up here. had a wire fence to 5 or 6 feet, tossed in loose. I think it was a little short.

Nevermind the "overload" theory. Working wood that is a given. Even my 2 ton hauls 3 tons....

A full cord on a Ford Ranger? You are joking of course. That's my avatar. Even racked up and packed cab high, 82 cu ft of split firewood is about all she will hold in volume. My avatar shows about 75 cu ft.

If a customer wants a full cord. I make two trips and take it easy on the truck. Gasoline is cheaper than broken springs and a bent frame.

stacked to the cap with pole wood and hanging 3-4' off the tail gate... got a picture somewhere, have to head out so I'll try and get it posted tonight...

Latest posts

Back