is this a good deal???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you say, you need a bigger saw?

McC250003.jpg

Last edited:
I currently own the 445 husky. I boughtit because it was noticeably lighter than the 455.

When I first got into the whole cutting firewood hobby I was going out back behind my house cuttin 8" cherry trees off of a ditch bank.

A good buddy of mine gave me permission to cut on his 461 acre hardwood forest and every since then Ive been hooked.

the 445 has been a killer saw for what it is. its relatively light, makes good power for the size. It would definitely make a killer limb saw.

however, now that I have access to a forest full of white oak, im realizing the ole 445 is just not quite doing it when he 18" bar is burried in oak. yes it cuts it, just not very fast.

Id love to have a 660 just because theyre kick ass! but my wallet says otherwise

From what you say here, I'd reply to that 361 ad and request some pics. If they look good, jump on that saw. I have pro saws in the 70, 60 and 50cc range. For firewood, 60cc in the one that gets picked. It's hard to beat all the qualities of the MS361/362 for firewood havesting....

Some say, skip the 60cc and go to 70. For me, the saw is just to big and bulky unless you're regularly cutting 25" plus wood. It's not really going to cut smaller stuff any faster unless you put a 8 pin rim on her and them you'll have to be light handed in the big wood. Yeah, 60cc is a good size for what we do....

Latest posts

Back