Is this bandmill a good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice to me. I don't know what those mills cost new but it's certainly more than $1600. The trailer is worth $1600. If you want to mill some logs for yourself and do it on the spot then this is a screaming good deal. Might need some mods to load logs if you do not have a loader of sorts (tractor, etc.), but again for $1600 this looks great.

That looks like a mobile home trailer. If it is, it probably has mobile home axles and tires, which are a royal pain.....

Still seems like a good deal to me.

I'd be all over that thing for $1,600.00. Heck the bandsaw alone is worth that, and you are getting a decked trailer to haul it around with! If you don't buy it, send me the address and number.......I'll be out to get it!!:msp_tongue:

Define 'Good deal'

6.5 will bog down on Hardwood and warp your bands earlier, so consider budgetiing ~$750 for swap out to a 12-15 HP used 2 cylinder at some point,.. at a minimum instal an additional mineral oil lube system. Also as was stated earlier Mobile Home trailers can be a pain (hard-to-find wheel bearings or brake assemblies); also first check with your local county office to determine what is required to pass trailer inspection and tagging. Cheers, Mike

for $1600 its a great deal, even adding the cost of a 9-13hp motor, still a great deal. More than likely the owner had ound a better use or the honda that was on it and slapped on a kncok o or scrap iron ....oops I meant Briggs and Scrap Iron on it.

Back