is this legal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...The Constitution of the United States of America guarantees us that we are to be assumed innocent, until proven guilty...

That is the way it should be and the way many people think things are, but not reality.

Prosecutors are supposed to drop cases if they learn that the accused is innocent, but this does not happen to my knowledge.

Actually when people are innocent, lawyers many times will advise their clients to make a deal with the prosecutor and plead guilty to some lesser charge. And not try to fight it. The lawyers know how "the system" works!

The thing which really shows how our "justice system" works is rape cases along with the later use of DNA testing to review these cases. Many people who were serving time in prison for rape were later proved to be innocent by DNA testing! (Which was not available when the crime occurred.) Here is the shocking reality of this...
http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/342.php

Then even today, the "justice system" will sometimes not allow accused people to be DNA tested! Why? I have no idea. I guess they are not in the business of finding the truth?

(I like to read non-fiction books (real world stuff) and like books written by lawyers. They spend all day writing, so are quite good at it, and can write some pretty interesting books!)

Yep, I'm well aware of how things are, and I do make noise when it's required............A lot of noise. When things aren't right people need to rear up on their hind legs and make a stand for what is right, never compromising.
Too many just accept it as the way it is. I just can't do that.
I think the FS is a lot better here now, my problem occured over 15 years ago. I know most of them on a first name basis, and they don't bother me much. But the so called law is still on the books, so being left alone isn't good enough for me. Things could change quick with a change in management, or administration.

You've got to stand for something!!

Andy

Latest posts

Back