Is this really happening **Off topic**

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Jeff, my heart goes out to you. Your loss may seem too much to bear but retain the thought your parents are together once more. Prayers sent for all of you.

Shari

Sorry for your loss!!
We know it will come and we know it will hurt - it does come and does hurt...
We carry on on this spinning wheel - I wish you many memories of good times with your parents to help you along.

SA

It's hard to know what to say man - unfortunately yes, it is happening, but it will and does get easier. I know the pain of losing a parent (not 2 though). Be patient with yourself is the best advice I ever received when my mom passed. Don't keep it all inside either man, talking, even typing about it is a good thing that can do a wealth of good.

Be patient with yourself

It will get better

It does get better

Sounded like dad didn't want to be without his bride. I would have felt the same way. Its sad to lose your parents, much the less that soon in between.

But don't be sad....be happy for them that they're not suffering, both physically and mentally...and are enjoying God's good graces in Heaven....I'm sure they're saving a spot for you when its your time.

God Bless.....

God Bless you and your family. I lost my Mom last year on Sept. 12- Great Woman and I know that she is in heaven enjoying her cooking, working hard and socializing. Never met anyone with a bigger heart and would always give to people who were less fortunate. Take all the memories, skills, wisdom and love from your Mom and Dad and apply those qualities to your everyday life- WahLah!--You are now the grown son and man that they hoped and prayed for!! God Bless!!

With My Sympathy's

valleyboy

Wow, I am very sorry to hear this.

Sometimes I get down, and feel that I have it rough, but stories like this make me realize how selfish I can be, my losses are minimal compared to yours.

Try to stay strong man!!

Wow, Jeff, Sorry to hear......Be Strong......Prayers For you & Yours.....Sorry For your loss..Hang in there....

I couldn't even imagine what your going through. My thoughts are with you. Be strong and pull through.

Thanks I need all the prayers I can get....I know he is dancing with mom. It just seems so surreal that it happened this fast. I will have my hands full for quite a while, glad I got enough wood sitting around so I dont have to stress about that....

Thanks again fro all the hang in there wishes and prayers it is very much appreciated

Jeff

Jeff, I'm truly sorry to hear about your Mom and your Dad. This is a very bad time for you, and nothing I can say will make it better, but I'd like to try to make it maybe a little less bad.

Having both parents pass in such a short period of time is terrible, almost too much to bear. There's almost no way to make sense of it, and that's what we try to do in times of stress or loss, we try to make sense of things. The human mind is accustomed to order and reason, and lacking these, we try to impose them on random or chaotic events. It's why we see shapes in clouds- we try to understand things on our terms. There's not much understanding this, other than what's already been said- your Dad followed your Mom. That happens more often than you'd think, way more often.

Sometimes, like now, the reality is that things can really suck. You just got a major helping of suck, one you didn't ask for, and certainly didn't deserve. I've been there, to some degree, I lost my Dad very suddenly about 11 years back. My Dad was healthy, as far as anyone knew, and then he was gone, in the blink of an eye. I've got his chainsaw, and some shirts that don't fit, and not much else. There was no way to understand it, no way to cope. Your grief is like that- there's not much relief. In times like this, things can get a little mechanical- you get up, you go to work, you come home, you eat, you sleep, repeat. That's not a bad thing; routine is comforting and useful, not to mention that it pays the bills. Routine will help you through some of it.

Friends and family will help with the rest. Talk to them, they're there for you, or they damn well should be. If they're not, AS will help pick up the slack. They're a good bunch here. Tell stories, share memories, talk about your Mom and your Dad. Focus on the good, that's enough for now. Remember the best parts, and acknowledge the sadness. When it hits really bad, let it wash over you, and then let it fade a little. Talk some more. It's OK to be sad, this is a sad time. Be sad in a group if you can. Be happy when you can find the time. Write down some stuff about your parents and post it here- I'll be happy for the opportunity to get to know them (and you) a little better.

Trust me on this: It'll get better. Slowly, very damn slowly, but the pain will ease. Little by little, you'll come to some kind of peace with this, you'll make some sense of it. Not now, not even soon, but eventually, you'll find some peace. It won't get less sad, but it will get less hard. You'll be Ok, even though you're hurting bad right now.

I see a lot of folks who've lost parents, and plenty who've lost spouses, and some who've lost brothers and sisters and children. I attend more funerals than I'd like. Losing a loved one sucks. No two ways about it, it sucks. when that loved one lived a full life surrounded by people they loved, that helps it suck a little less. Lots of small things, (and people, too) will help it suck a little less. Find the small things that help.

I'm really, really sorry about your Mom & Dad.

Bill

Jeff,

Please know that we're thinking of you! I can't imagine that weight that you are having to carry at this moment but it will ease.

My family is praying for yours!

Peace be with you,

Tom

Back