It's 2016 to hell with porting...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only gonna be one time guy ... better read the law ... do it again and face the consequences of your "actions"... I lose 5c worth work because of you and can prove it ... I will stick it to ya till you bleed out of your ass ... wtf - don't threaten my lively-hood ... I mean it dude

Why don't you answer peoples questions instead of avoiding them. You are facing the consequences of your actions.

Only gonna be one time guy ... better read the law ... do it again and face the consequences of your "actions"... I lose 5c worth work because of you and can prove it ... I will stick it to ya till you bleed out of your ass ... wtf - don't threaten my lively-hood ... I mean it dude
Please explain to me what exactly you have a "trademark" on? Being full of ****? Making absurd claims? Failing to deliver?
Prince Abdullah from the Nigerian Lottery beat you to it. I have the email to prove it......LOL!

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Ok I'm new here and new to rebuilding saws, I'm 3/4 way thru my first 044 rebuild. I have rebuilt lots and lots of outboards since starting votech in 1990. when rebuilding a 2 stroke outboard I could double engine life and boost performance by being real careful to boring and honing the cylinders to exacting size using wiseco pistons and cleaning up all ports and chamfering with die grinder after boring and before honing. what if any of these things apply to chainsaws. granted the aftermarket nikasil cylinder/piston sets are offered oversized and are sold as package for very reasonable prices.

Ok I'm new here and new to rebuilding saws, I'm 3/4 way thru my first 044 rebuild. I have rebuilt lots and lots of outboards since starting votech in 1990. when rebuilding a 2 stroke outboard I could double engine life and boost performance by being real careful to boring and honing the cylinders to exacting size using wiseco pistons and cleaning up all ports and chamfering with die grinder after boring and before honing. what if any of these things apply to chainsaws. granted the aftermarket nikasil cylinder/piston sets are offered oversized and are sold as package for very reasonable prices.

Probably not the best place for this post, consider starting a new thread. That being said none of that applies. Plated cylinders cannot be bored and replated, at least not reasonably. Aftermarket big bore kits rarely stand up to OEM because the timing is no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plated cylinders absolutely can be replated, however it runs around $300 a cylinder on the snowmobile side of things. Porting can be done without the need for replating, but you must be extremely careful.
As for pistons, not sure about chainsaws, but we call them Siezecos in sleds for a reason, outboards I normally use OEM, as I rarely actually got to do one in house.

Back