It's a Pacific Northwest Thing - I'm starting to understand :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right, I lived in Washignton for 17 years, and that is where I fall timber (I live on the OR/WA border on the Columbia). I can't tell you how many streams I have seen filled with cows dropping dung and down below, fertilizer runoff pouring in. Also...we have a lot of backwoods methlabs, grow ops, and survivalists armed to the teeth waiting to shoot at anything that moves into their area or anyone with CA plates.

This is soooo true. I had to go into exile for 10 years and was FORCED to have those horrible license plates even though I actually lived in the State of Jefferson. My old Subaru is chock full of bullet holes from when I came up here to visit. I think Oregon is Californicated more than we are. Bring a lot of money cuz our sales tax is probably 100% except the good thing is we don't pay income tax. If you plan on doing any salmon fishing, be sure and plan a few days to read the complicated rules, and bring your own hard liquor because we can only buy it in state liquor stores. They might be closed on Sundays. :eek: You can only get hard drinks at bars, not taverns. :eek: It is very rough to live here. We do it just because somebody has to and we don't want to overpopulate anywhere else.

Pnw

Let me know next time your here...

I'll take you on a tour of the North Sound and around Whidbey Island... :cheers:

Gary

From what I remember Whidbey Island just had alot of turkey farms around.
The beach around Fort Casey had alot of drift wood washed ashore. Deception Pass was a must see.
I have some family in Coupeville and hope to visit sometime soon.

This is soooo true. I had to go into exile for 10 years and was FORCED to have those horrible license plates even though I actually lived in the State of Jefferson. My old Subaru is chock full of bullet holes from when I came up here to visit. I think Oregon is Californicated more than we are. Bring a lot of money cuz our sales tax is probably 100% except the good thing is we don't pay income tax. If you plan on doing any salmon fishing, be sure and plan a few days to read the complicated rules, and bring your own hard liquor because we can only buy it in state liquor stores. They might be closed on Sundays. :eek: You can only get hard drinks at bars, not taverns. :eek: It is very rough to live here. We do it just because somebody has to and we don't want to overpopulate anywhere else.

Burvol, you've sold me. I'm moving there ASAP. The idea of shooting at cars with Cali plates was the deal maker.

Slowp, Are the rules for that as complicated as the Salmon fishing?

Ian

Last edited:
Just remember that northwestern Californians shoot back. Besides, our little corner of CA is considered part of the PNW, and the State of Jefferson.
Our weather also sucks, no jobs, bad roads, defunct nuke plant, still hot after all these years, tsunamis, earthquakes, Reconquestas.......

Ray

Burvol, you've sold me. I'm moving there ASAP. The idea of shooting at cars with Cali plates was the deal maker.

Slowp, Are the rules for that as complicated as the Salmon fishing?

Ian

Nope. They are considered a varmint so the season is year round!:) You just can't use hounds or traps. Just rifle, shotgun, or pistol. I prefer to use a 12 gauge on full choke. And you don't have to have it plugged, the shotgun that is. We participated in the wet insulation toss today. My back is a bit sore.
If I wasn't afraid of getting my camera plugged with mud, I'd post some pictures of the beauty of the flooded valley. That'd really make you want to move here!:cheers:

Does this apply to all Californians or are there exemptions? If it applies to all Californians I'll govern my actions accordingly. If there are exemptions and I qualify for one I'll also procede accordingly. I lived in Klickitat County for awhile, also Selah, and Toppenish...does that count for anything?

Last edited:
It also applies to all OPE with CA emissions and noise requirements installed. Even migrating hummingbirds require a permit.

Does this apply to all Californians or are there exemptions? If it applies to all Californians I'll govern my actions accordingly. If there are exemptions and I qualify for one I'll also procede accordingly. I lived in Klickitat County for awhile, also Selah, and Toppenish...does that count for anything?
Ill give you an exemption you seem to be our kinda people. In exchange you can help us rail out the suburbian greenie antigunners.

don't forget about the Hermiston chemical weapons facility. its been leaking mustard gas and other nerve agents into the air as well as the water supply.
the salmon fishing can be a bit tricky because of the sludge that covers every body of water from northern California to British Columbia.

You would need to be issued a pastel card. :biggrinbounce2:

From what I remember Whidbey Island just had alot of turkey farms around.
The beach around Fort Casey had alot of drift wood washed ashore. Deception Pass was a must see.
I have some family in Coupeville and hope to visit sometime soon.

Coupeville is a great little town... the movie "War of the Roses" was filmed there...

If you ever come through... get ahold of me... :)

Gary

come see oregon

come and see my piece of the pie. central Oregon is the best damed place too fly fish also the camping aint that bad just gotta watch out for the killer squirrels they love too drop pine cones on your head when you aint payin close watch:hmm3grin2orange: sists is a old western type of town nice place too send the better half so the manfolk can go be in the woods. we have a local museum that has a working saw mill from the turn of the century. Oregon has several state parks based on the timber industry:clap:
:cheers:

LOL...Send it down. I'll just make sure I keep it hidden until I need to use it.
Oh, by the way...there are other colors besides pastels ya know. Like earth tones and such. They don't show the dirt as much.

Yes, and I need to go wash some of those "earth tones" off. Got a whole set of "earth toned" clothes that weren't that way the other day. Pastels are safer to be in because nobody is going to confuse you with the earth and run over you. Our aging workforce needs all the help it can get. I should know!!
Now, how about designs for the pastel card? I'll have to ponder that a while.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

just gotta watch out for the killer squirrels they love too drop pine cones on your head when you aint payin close watch:hmm3grin2orange: :
:cheers:

No joke! How many times have you been hunting central Oregon creeping slowly through the woods and the :censored: squirrels start throwing pine cones. :chainsaw:

I wonder what a 7mm rem mag would do to a squirrel. :monkey:

Last edited:
Yes, and I need to go wash some of those "earth tones" off. Got a whole set of "earth toned" clothes that weren't that way the other day. Pastels are safer to be in because nobody is going to confuse you with the earth and run over you. Our aging workforce needs all the help it can get. I should know!!
Now, how about designs for the pastel card? I'll have to ponder that a while.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

LOL...I'll be adding to my earth tones about daylight tomorrow. Brown for the mud, black for the soot (burn salvage) red for the knuckles I always scrape chaining up, and maybe a touch of white if I can't brush the snow off quick enough. No green, though...just nothing left of that color. Maybe next year.

Typical Weather

Yup, it is a PNW thing--understand this, you can't see the wind though. Or the sleet.
From today.
http://www.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back