It's all of your fault!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goof008

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not really looking to place blame...I just bought another saw...my 5th. When I first came to this site I had just bought my first!

I now have 2 perfectly running Makita DCS6401's and am trying to decide which one needs to be torn down to put the 84cc big bore kit on. Then, of course, comes the longer B/C...does it ever end?

My name is Jeff, and I am a chainsaw addict!

:chainsawguy:

Add the kit - you will be happy. Not that hard of a job, either. Took me 1.5-2 hours to do it and I am happy with it so far. I've only run a few tanks through it, but it seemed pretty strong. Tear them both down - turns a good saw into a great saw.

indecent proposal...

Not really looking to place blame...I just bought another saw...my 5th. When I first came to this site I had just bought my first!

I now have 2 perfectly running Makita DCS6401's and am trying to decide which one needs to be torn down to put the 84cc big bore kit on. Then, of course, comes the longer B/C...does it ever end?

My name is Jeff, and I am a chainsaw addict!

:chainsawguy:

I'll trade you my Echo CS300 and a case of PBR for one of the Makitas! :smile-big:

Actually, the next one I see used at an HD Tool Rental is mine, I want to make a BB saw to mill...darn CAD!

It looks like it's contagious too!

I was telling my dad about it and he went to the HD by him and found one. Try to decide if he should pull the trigger or not. They have a couple! With a couple of extra chains to boot!

Get ready,CAD hit as hard as any other acquisition disease, went from 1 to 11+ in 3 short years, you will find yourself cruising ebay, craigs list, classifieds on local newspapers and on AS, auctions, junkyards, ect....good luck:msp_thumbup:

I can't comment on the 84cc kit but my Dolmar 7900 is the envy of several of my friends. They run an assortment of Huskys and Stihls and all will rather sheepishly admit that the Dolmar will out cut their saws. There is nothing like sinking a good running saw...large or small...into a log and letting the chips fly. It's the perfect hobby for those of us who can't afford a top fuel dragster :msp_cool:

Back