Its Electric!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sasquatch, doesn’t understand the difference between “Should of” and “Should’ve”, being a contraction of “Should Have”, nor the difference between “Then” and “Than”, among others, but still comments on Literacy 🙄

Doug 😎
I tend to find when he can’t respond with facts he lashes out at the poster

I'll take that as a compliment, but also an acknowledgment you have no idea what you are talking about.
So how would he legalize pot? Like he forgave student loans?
It would need to be removed from the drug schedule list which he can’t do . Like I said it would take an act of Congress the house has passed a bill to legalize it twice in recent years . The senate hasn’t even brought it to the floor IMG_7093.jpeg

Consider who I respond to, consider I haven't responded to husky man in? a year?
As for lashing out I have little patience or outright lies or blatant ignorance.
The only ignorance is your assertion the Biden didn’t legalize pot like he said . He can’t do it end of story

And where did I lie ?

So how would he legalize pot? Like he forgave student loans ?
By working with congress and the senate, they call that politics...
unfortunately it has to get past a GOP led congress that still believes the drug war is something worth spending billions on, though I could use an executive order to do so, it would likely still get quashed by congress which is led by a bunch of old idiots that probably think "Reefer Madness" was a documentary.

However, that is different then an existing gov lease program

By working with congress and the senate, they call that politics...
unfortunately it has to get past a GOP led congress that still believes the drug war is something worth spending billions on, though I could use an executive order to do so, it would likely still get quashed by congress which is led by a bunch of old idiots that probably think "Reefer Madness" was a documentary.

However, that is different then an existing gov lease program
I edited my post before you responded. The house has passed a bill to legalize Marijuana not once but twice in recent years . The Democratic senate hasn’t even floored it . So it’s the Republicans fault

Here you go read up
https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2022/will-weed-be-legalized/

The only ignorance is your assertion the Biden didn’t legalize pot like he said . He can’t do it end of story

And where did I lie ?
never said you lied, just that I tend to lash out when folks do, I do try to be self aware of my negative tendencies, even if I might sometimes embrace them

Here are three interesting links:
  1. "There's an affordable EV out there displacing twice as much oil as electric cars." Namely, e-bikes, e-trikes, and other forms of "personal transportation." This article sums up my view. Basically, e-cars and e-trucks are enormously heavy and require tremendous amounts of energy to accelerate. I couldn't believe it when I learned that my son-in-law's Ford Mustang Mach-e weighs 4,850 pounds. I can remember driving an 1880-pound Plymouth Champ and a 2,050-pound Toyota Corolla.
  2. "Electric vehicles: Will they save us or destroy us?" by the smartest YouTuber I follow, German theoretical physicist Sabine Hossenfelder. She always presents the strongest arguments from both sides.
  3. "Are electric cars really better for the environment?" from The Washington Post, which, yes, I know many of you don't trust. That's a shame, because this writer acknowledges the many arguments against e-vehicles are valid.
My view: I agree with the writer of the e-bike article: Let's shift to battery power to power small equipment--especially small equipment that's disproportionately dirty, namely equipment that uses two-cycle engines. I have no problem with 4-cycle outdoor power equipment.
Can't say I'd want to drag a 4 stroke chainsaw around. They don't even have engines as light and powerful as most homeowner grade saws, let alone a pro series.

Well... the last time the house passed it was 2020... Biden wasn't president then so?
April 6, 2022

covid-header.png
Covering COVID-19 is a daily Poynter briefing of story ideas about the coronavirus and other timely topics for journalists, written by senior faculty Al Tompkins. Sign up here to have it delivered to your inbox every weekday morning.
Despite the fact that the U.S. House of Representatives just passed it, there is little chance that the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act — or MORE Act — will become law anytime soon.

Can't say I'd want to drag a 4 stroke chainsaw around. They don't even have engines as light and powerful as most homeowner grade saws, let alone a pro series.

My four stroke saw cut plenty fast enough, and I didn't think it was unduly heavy for a homeowner saw.

I just couldn't keep one running. First one self destructed and started glittering the oil. Replaced under warranty, second one started having carb issues almost immediately, despite only ever getting non-ethanol premium with a double dose of Stabil. I had work to do and no patience for a near new saw that was misbehaving. Set it on a shelf, picked up my battery electric saw, got the job done, and haven't touched the 4 stroke saw since. For most homeowner uses, it simply offers no benefit over a battery electric saw.

It's my "truck" saw though, and if I need it in that capacity, I'm going to NEED it, and there won't be any outlets to recharge batteries nearby. With winter coming, I either need to fix it and get it ready to go back in the truck when needed, or replace it. Probably replace it, I just don't trust it at this point.

He doesn’t have the power to make it legal . So you statement makes no sense . It would take an act Congress
No issue in literacy your statement was stupid
Biden likely could convince those in his party to make a clean legalize pot piece of legislation without any extra baggage, poison pills so to say.

Back