Its Electric!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing is wrong with teachers. As they say, if you can read this, "Thank a teacher". Wish they had vocational schools during my day. No such thing back then. Didn't start until mid to late 60s around here. I was long gone. OT :cool:

You must be a school teacher. lmao OT :cool:

I don’t recognize your username, and evidently you don’t recognize mine either 😆

Most here on AS know that I am a truck driver, and have been for over 35 years

Sometimes Ol’ Sasquatch from Granite Falls, will criticize Grammar or edumacation, and the irony is incredible

Nope, not a teacher, but I gave a few FITS , in my day 😂, but if’n ya sees me postin like this, or usin yer, instead of You’re, mos likly, I’s jus mockin Sasquatch😉

Doug 😎

I only watched half way through.
I don’t know what the future of electric is in heavy haul, but that tractor has the same major FAIL, that Tesla has, in having the centered driver positioning.

It may seem counterintuitive to have the driver positioned all the way to the left, but it has been done that way for reasons. In any road vehicle, driving on the right side of the road, the driver being positioned to the far left of the cab, you have the best visibility you can get in passing another vehicle. For maneuvering large vehicles, there is a reason drivers make a conscious effort to set up to back to their left whenever practical, you have a much better field of view to the left. With a centered driving position, you lose both advantages without gaining any actual advantage. A centered driving position is only a Good Idea to someone that has never driven a large vehicle, especially one with a trailer. In mine, or other off highway operations, a centered cab isn’t the liability that it is on public roads, and the drivers around you are aware of the liability, but I don’t even see an advantage in off highway use, you still have two sides with reduced visibility, and not a significant gain in visibility in the “Off Side”, centered driving positions are pretty much a BAD idea for the most part, there may be an occasional use that benefits, but those would be few

Doug 😎

Latest posts

Back