It's Gonn'a Suck North of Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got lucky on the last one, the large part of the storm went just to the south of me.

The one moving in tonight looks to be tracking the worst of it to the north. I'm hoping to be on the edge of it again... but anything can happen.

I'll be thinking of you guys up around I-90 and north. Sounds like typical late winter crap... sleet, ice and maybe 15-inches of heavy wet snow, best be getting those generators gassed up for when the power lines come down.

Probably will have one more good one after this... 'round the first part of March, as usual.

I live 3 miles fro I90. Sounds like it could be 5-10".

The good news is, since I retired I have a job dealing with the snow at a local hospital. It is not uncommon to put 12 hours in a Case skid steer when we get a good storm.:blob2:

hope it snows here. trails are pure ice, downstaters come up, get a snootful and go racing off on their fancy new sleds, hit the first corner and the sled goes straight. won't turn on ice. my track is prolly froze to the ground, 5 degrees this morn

I'm looking down the barrell. They are calling for 11 to 13 here. It'll be fun. Moving late season snow gets a person down. All that work and before long its all gone anyway.

I'm in the 6-10" range, with rain, ice, snow forcast for just south of me. I hope the power stays on because I'm an electrician. Most people don't ever run there gensets ever until it's "lights out, and then what should I do now?"

Yep, it's time to batten down the hatches! Local weather predicts 6"-12" in my neck of the woods.

Nothing here so far but the cities are getting some. I'm sure it will get here in it's own sweet time.

Rainy/sleet mixed with big sloppy wet flakes coming off the lake is all here.

The folks inland are gonna get a giant wet blanket flopped on them, if the temps don't drop. Better to have the stuff fluffy and blowing around in a blizzard, than this mess.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Started over on the east side of the state ( Michigan) about 4:00 this afternoon, and it hasen't let up.
We've gotten about 2-3 inches in 3 hours.
Weather man says it's going to snow all night.

No snow here but tons of rain, all day long. Driving down highway earlier this evening and could not see it was coming down so hard. Mid thirties all day and only supposed to get down to 33 overnight. Will be quite a mess if this starts to freeze. Generator all gassed up just in case. Not really sure if I hate the rain or snow more.

Still nothing but sloppy wet slush and big wet flakes.

Wife went up the road about 10 miles to visit the MIL., got into a heavy patch of slush, and tipped her jeep up on the drivers door.

All those air bags work. She didn't get a scratch on her, just a little rattled and more than a bit pissed off about her jeep.

If it freezes tonight, it's gonna be even uglier for morning travel.
You guys take it easy, pack some Carharts and some chow.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Well we got a good 8" so far. I ran the skid steer for 10 hours today and have to go back in @ midnight.:buttkick:

Back