its not a chainsaw but it has a 2 stroke engine and its driving me nuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbighump

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
its a dang weedeater featherlite blower has plenty of compression,,fresh mix,, new plug,,,cleaned and rebuilt carb,, and new fuel lines and it still wont run longer than 5 seconds:censored: any suggestions... im fixing it for a family member btw so a new one is out of the question

that is typical for them,, best thing to do with it is this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UXPb4QZ0RQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

its a dang weedeater featherlite blower has plenty of compression,,fresh mix,, new plug,,,cleaned and rebuilt carb,, and new fuel lines and it still wont run longer than 5 seconds:censored: any suggestions... im fixing it for a family member btw so a new one is out of the question

Where have you got the h/l needles set,you might have to go 2 or 3 turns out on those carbs. Sometimes no matter what you do these things won't run and they are not worth the price of a new carb.

Could be the tank vent is clogged. I had a hole bunch of grief with my clogged vent once. Figured it had to be the carb so tore it apart several times to figure out why the engine would pop on choke, run for a few seconds than die.

Possibilities-
Vacuum locked fuel tank, run with cap off
Fuel delivery problem - hard diaphragm, bad vacuum line
Fuel delivery problem - clogs, remove jet screws and blow out
Vacuum problem- bad carb mount, missing o-ring, bad crank seals
Clogged muffler

Normally its a blocked exhaust on those. See more of them than anything else. Only an witty bitty outlet on them.

First thing I thought of.Had one and two years in a row had a mud dauber plug up the muffler.Didn't run for crap!

Is it flooding or leaning out when it dies? Have you checked the spark?

I have a hunch its the inlet needle tip, I've seen a bunch lately where the coating on the needle tip erodes, and then flooding starts. I now pop off test every flooding carburetor.

I think that ethanol is eating the coating....

Most shops won't even work on them, I know ours won't. At $70/hr labor, they're not worth it.

Back