Its official, winter is gonna be expensive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh,

a friend of mine just started a Solar business here in Pennsylvania. I'm not sure if he's authorized to sell in your area though.

Check to see if Ohio is contemplating a tax credit...or if one already exist, to package up with the current Fed Tax credit.

Your welcome KS,

How the %&$* could they tax a wood burning unit? A Carbon Tax of some sort?
I thought that Gore pipe dream was shot down fast...never had legs?

How the %&$* could they tax a wood burning unit? A Carbon Tax of some sort?
I thought that Gore pipe dream was shot down fast...never had legs?

in this day now of global warming and carbon foot print and co2 emissions buzz words....it wont be long before the enviro-nazis will sneak into power and push laws down the throat of decent people.
Case in point... there is a 'enviro group' that believe that the only way to protect the Chesapeake Bay is through litigation and not working with the people. go figure... :censored: :buttkick:

Blurb from the Wall Street Journal.

And you thought driving was expensive. Utilities analysts estimate it will cost families 30-50% more to heat their homes with natural gas this winter, while families who use heating oil could face increases of 50-100%. One official says it could cost families $1,600-1,700 a month to cover heating oil, electricity and gasoline costs this winter. Natural gas storage levels remain 2% below their five-year average, despite increase drilling, partially due to a fall in imports and Eurasia buyers outbid their U.S. counterparts.

That is altering the math for consumers and energy companies alike. Some worry the higher heating costs could be the tipping point for family budgets that are struggling to absorb higher food and gasoline prices. Mark Wolfe, executive director of the National Energy Assistance Directors' Association, which represents state officials
John, I have to tell you that I can not concentrate on your posts with that "Got Wood" picture there. GET RID OF THAT IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR POSTS!

When we bought our house it had a wood cook stove in the kitchen- my wife goes oh thats nice...well after i went nuts getting wood and buying a saw and always looking for wood she like "I should have let you sell that thing in the beginning"

I cook dinner on it in the winter all the time. Here is a picture of me making some rice crispy treats on it. We also used it on christmas day to keep the turkey warm that my inlaws brought over in the morning.

Gotta love wood.

I'm not afraid! My name is Rod and I'm a woodaholic. Now if I can convince my wife to let me put a wood burning stove in the kitchen (range/oven) that will be one less appliance sucking electricity.
I better look harder at windmills b/c she would never go for a wood range.
I hope it's cold...I have alot of wood ready for the OWB!!!

Back