It's starting - New California law bans ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nuclear done right is just as safe as the smoke detector in your house.
Until there is support for new nuclear power plants we know they’re full of feel good but accomplish nothing nonsense. Small scale mass produced fail safe nuclear power is completely possible. It’s more than possible and it would completely make obsolete any large scale solar or wind energy.

If you can't use your gas lawn mower in California perhaps you shouldn't mow your grass..
I'm pretty sure that we here in CA will still be "using" our gas powered machines. They won't be selling any new mowers or chainsaws run on gas here, but they surely won't be busting people that do. At least that's how I see things happening here. Same with gas and diesel powered vehicles, the change will come, but might take a couple of decades. I'm glad I have the knowledge to keep everything running, and the tools, otherwise I have a garage full of useless tools I use on a daily basis to keep up my 2 1/2 acre piece of the pie looking sharp and safe. YMMV. 😂

I'm pretty sure that we here in CA will still be "using" our gas powered machines. They won't be selling any new mowers or chainsaws run on gas here, but they surely won't be busting people that do. At least that's how I see things happening here. Same with gas and diesel powered vehicles, the change will come, but might take a couple of decades. I'm glad I have the knowledge to keep everything running, and the tools, otherwise I have a garage full of useless tools I use on a daily basis to keep up my 2 1/2 acre piece of the pie looking sharp and safe. YMMV. 😂

The latest from the land where fruits and nuts walk the streets - The higher your net worth, the more you will pay for every kw of electricity.

Did warranty repairs for Home Depot when I worked as a tool tech for about 5 years.
Brushes and bushings for most about 12 bucks. If a commutator needs to go on a lathe that depends on the machinist. Takes about 15 mins. to chuck it up and turn it. Most can be cleaned up by Emory cloth. Switches varie by brand 15 to 25 bucks. The Batteries and chargers cost more to make than the tool itself. Corded ones are simple now until some geek wants to start putting computers on them.

what happens when gruesome starts banning mail order parts to repair gas operated equipment in his dictatorship.
He won't t even be in office when any of his policies take effect, if they in fact ever do. Life goes on. I love my state, but don't trust our politics.

Did warranty repairs for Home Depot when I worked as a tool tech for about 5 years.
Brushes and bushings for most about 12 bucks. If a commutator needs to go on a lathe that depends on the machinist. Takes about 15 mins. to chuck it up and turn it. Most can be cleaned up by Emory cloth. Switches varie by brand 15 to 25 bucks. The Batteries and chargers cost more to make than the tool itself. Corded ones are simple now until some geek wants to start putting computers on them.

Most tools are brushless these days. They all have computers in them. Even if they do have brushes, there's a computer feeding PWM power to the brushes, vs. a rheostat that burns up power.

'm pretty sure that we here in CA will still be "using" our gas powered machines. They won't be selling any new mowers or chainsaws run on gas here, but they surely won't be busting people that do. At least that's how I see things happening here. Same with gas and diesel powered vehicles, the change will come, but might take a couple of decades. I'm glad I have the knowledge to keep everything running, and the tools, otherwise I have a garage full of useless tools I use on a daily basis to keep up my 2 1/2 acre piece of the pie looking sharp and safe. YMMV. 😂
At least for now. Once they ban new sales of gas ope and that becomes the norm, how long until they want to take it a little further. Maybe have you pay a user fee, specifically to target people that won't get with the program.

Most tools are brushless these days. They all have computers in them. Even if they do have brushes, there's a computer feeding PWM power to the brushes, vs. a rheostat that burns up power.
yep, And the prices doubled just like the fuel injected chainsaws did. I won't buy one, that's why I still ride and drive old trucks and bikes. They just started coming out on some of the drills and other tools when I quit HD, some of the lower priced generators and other hand tools still have them now, but. not for to much longer as they sell them out. AC induction motors have been around a long time DC Induction not. Induction motors will last forever compared to DC brush motors for sure. they draw more amperage at the start but once there going drop to less than half of current draw of a comparable brush counterpart. Induction motors are way more energy efficient but still require an centrifugal electro mechanical starting switch till someone figures out how to do it without, it's the way of the future. I will stay behind on purpose. I just figured out how to use all the stuff on my A-12 android I've had over 2 years LOL....

yep, And the prices doubled just like the fuel injected chainsaws did. I won't buy one, that's why I still ride and drive old trucks and bikes. They just started coming out on some of the drills and other tools when I quit HD, some of the lower priced generators and other hand tools still have them now, but. not for to much longer as they sell them out. AC induction motors have been around a long time DC Induction not. Induction motors will last forever compared to DC brush motors for sure. they draw more amperage at the start but once there going drop to less than half of current draw of a comparable brush counterpart. Induction motors are way more energy efficient but still require an centrifugal electro mechanical starting switch till someone figures out how to do it without, it's the way of the future. I will stay behind on purpose. I just figured out how to use all the stuff on my A-12 android I've had over 2 years LOL....

They don't use induction motors either. Permanent magnets on the rotor, multiphase stator, computer in the tool activates each phase of the stator in turn to make the thing spin. No separate start windings needed. I feel it as a notchiness or cogging at very low speeds on my cordless drill.

I'm totally onboard on some stuff, and totally against other things. I demand EFI on my vehicles, but will pass on the acre size touch screen. I love my EFI saw, but there is zero reason my fridge needs to have an internet connection, and lots of reasons it shouldn't. I'm currently looking for an oven that has one dial to turn on and control temperature, an indicator light to tell when the element is on, and no electronics.

what happens when gruesome starts banning mail order parts to repair gas operated equipment in his dictatorship.
I had a good friend who had a motorcycle shop in northern California. His vendors could no longer ship him some of the parts he needed to repair customers bikes. He finally had enough of the BS and closed his shop and retired.

Have any of these idiots ever researched how much worse for the environment their expired batteries and solar panels are when they have to be disposed of? Do they know that they actually expire, stop functioning and have to be replaced every 10yrs( give or take a few years), but even over one lifetime if it’s 20yrs, they still have to be disposed of and replaced at least 4 times per household, and at every 10yrs it would be 8x per household for a lifetime, then multiply that across the entire country! That battery and solar panel waste is 20x worse for the environment than fossil fuels. Also, I don’t know why they insist on trying to force us into buying electric, the percentage of electric car sales is only 2% total, I don’t know how they can make it mandatory, when no one can afford them, and show me an electric vehicle that has enough torque to pull a 20,000lb trailer. I’m pretty sure there isn’t one, and if they would manage it, I’m positive that it’s a POS that I would rather send off a cliff than be caught driving it!

Latest posts

Back