John Deere 17 - Remington PL -4

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got off the beaten path last night and took in a little 3 cube John Deere 17 which is the same as a Remington PL-4 if I did my search correctly over at Mr. Acres site.

I am not at all familiar with these saws, the question I have is are there parts around for these Remingtons, will some parts swap with other models in the Remington line???

The saw I got was pretty clean, not all beat up, but it flunked the compression test with an F-, I really don't know if it is worth the trouble to get a John Deere running but if parts aren't hard to find it won't take much to get it going.

Any little tidbits of info would be helpful,

Thanks

Larry

Hi Ricky,

I know I do, I bet you know just the guy who could help me out. ;)

Larry

Jonsered

Larry,

Good luck finding a good jonsered dealer. Jonsered must not do a very good job screening people. They give jonsered dealerships to just about anyone. You may want to try Hillbilly the Kid down in Tennessee.
Brad

Fargo

Do you want to race your Big Bad Stihl's against the little Jonsered's? Stihl's make a pretty good work saw but that's it. Husky's and Jonsered's are racing saws. Yankee Boy! LOL.........

Ricky

Ricky,

Don't know if Fargo is still in the parts biz, I think he took an early retirement and is busy counting all his money from selling those 026's.

Larry

Back