Joining the J-red club....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I belong to the East Corinth Chapter. We, and by we I mean I, meet in my celler damn near every night. We haven't cured anyone yet, but hey, ya never know?

I gotta fever, and the only prescription is MORE JONSEREDS!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4royOLtvmQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4royOLtvmQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Let me add my welcome

It is worse than regular CAD, I have 2, count em, 2 920's, and a 621, plus a parts 621. By the way if any of ya need 621 parts let me know, I might have what ya need. The top handle is gone cause my neighbor needed it for his, which he said did very poorly on the test where it jumps off the top of the pile of wood when going down the road at 70 plus. Tough saw though as it only bent the handle a bit and put a skid mark on the bottom. He said he saw the whole thing in the rear view mirror, it jumped out (who knows why saws do these things) and hit on the handle, and then just slid to a stop on the bottom, with surprisingly little scratching of the bottom. He hit the brakes so hard that he only had to walk about 10 feet to get the saw when it quit sliding. Anyway welcome aboard. JR

Hey Jr

Great story!!! Those 621s are a frisky bunch. I've got a couple of those and a half doz. 49s and a couple of 52s. I think it's CAD for things that have all the trappings of modern saws but are obsolete. It seemed harmless enough at first. But just how many 30 year old saws do we all need??? Why just as many as you can get your hands on!!! Anyway good luck with that 70E kruege84 I've spent more than a few hours on one of those. As with all older saws it's a little on the heavy side but good power and solid as rock.

But just how many 30 year old saws do we all need??? Why just as many as you can get your hands on!!!

Well Dog, that's pretty much the way I see it too. :cheers:

I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop at some limit that I set, but every time I find more saws the "limit" gets moved out a bit more. LOL

How many Jonsered saws required to be a member?

The Jonsered 621 was curing cancer before the 361 Stihl.

I also have a 910 and a 930, nice strong saws even if they aren't so fast.

My 2050 is handy for the little stuff but doesn't have a lot of guts.

I was down to one running 621 for a time after trading one to my brother for a couple of PM55 McCulloch's, that was until I met Boyd Dosch on my way home from Grandpatractors after the 14th, now I am back up to two and delighted with the new acquisition.

I'm not familiar with the 70e but any silvertop saw is fine piece of work.

Mark

WOW!!! Do you guys remember that feeling you used to get on x-mas at 6 years old? Well, it's been about that long since I've been this excited.

Pics are on the way, within the next 30 minutes.

:D:rock::givebeer::jawdrop::dizzy::clap::greenchainsaw::cheers:

^ - Can you guys tell that I'm really f-in excited about it?

hmm...

The camera battery seems to be dead.... Sorry guys, it'll be longer than the 30 minutes. But I did manage to get one before it went out completely.

I have a minor amount of tweaking to do, but this thing runs like a raped ape! It started on the 2nd pull. I was in such a hurry to pick it up, I forgot the comp. tester on the way out the door. I'll check that tomorrow, but the drop test has me guessing in the 150's. It's obvious that the saw was well maintained. The bar is the only one that has been used on the saw, which I was told was purchased in '80.

When I had the chance to run it, my jaw dropped.

attachment.php

70e

EXXcellent score!!!! It looks to be in great shape!! A guy stopped by my shop about a month ago to pick up some cabinetry I had just finished up for a job and noticed the rather large bunch of Jreds I had and said that he had a 70E that was given to him and it had run great but it sat in his shed and become stuck. When he tried to start it he pulled the handle right off the cord. So I asked him if he wanted to get rid of it. He did and said he would bring it by and we would do some ####ering. I was quite excited and found myself looking out the shop windows every time someone drove in!!! Haven't seen him since. I've kinda written the whole thing off by now. But who knows he may show up yet. I'd trade him a great running SXL Homelite for a non running 70E any day lol!!! Anyway you'll really enjoy that saw (But you gotta git rid of that Homey bar!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:) Good luck again and keep us informed on how it goes.:cheers:

Compression just checked in at 152 psi. I pulled the muffler; everything looks spotless. The muffler may have an extra port coming in the near future... From looking at the plug, I'm guessing it may have been running a bit lean, but like I said, P&C look great.

A quick cleaning, new plug and air filter, some muffler work, and a bigger bar and she should be an awesome saw.

Compression just checked in at 152 psi. I pulled the muffler; everything looks spotless. The muffler may have an extra port coming in the near future... From looking at the plug, I'm guessing it may have been running a bit lean, but like I said, P&C look great.

A quick cleaning, new plug and air filter, some muffler work, and a bigger bar and she should be an awesome saw.

An extra port is pretty much pointless on that saw. There is nothing inside the muffler. Kind of like putting holes in a coffee can with no bottom. :cheers:

It is worse than regular CAD, I have 2, count em, 2 920's, and a 621, plus a parts 621. By the way if any of ya need 621 parts let me know, I might have what ya need. The top handle is gone cause my neighbor needed it for his, which he said did very poorly on the test where it jumps off the top of the pile of wood when going down the road at 70 plus. Tough saw though as it only bent the handle a bit and put a skid mark on the bottom. He said he saw the whole thing in the rear view mirror, it jumped out (who knows why saws do these things) and hit on the handle, and then just slid to a stop on the bottom, with surprisingly little scratching of the bottom. He hit the brakes so hard that he only had to walk about 10 feet to get the saw when it quit sliding. Anyway welcome aboard. JR

I don't need any 621 parts, but if you run across any 920 parts saws, let me know.

An extra port is pretty much pointless on that saw. There is nothing inside the muffler. Kind of like putting holes in a coffee can with no bottom. :cheers:

I really didn't even look at it too hard yet. I only noticed that it only had one port and was a little disappointed. Good to know though! Should save me a little time...

Well, I got it stripped down. Everything seems to be in pretty good shape. I'm going to remove some carbon build-up, but that's not too big of a deal. For now, I've got to run to class. Now that the camera is good to go, more pics are on the way when I get back.

And I've got to say: This thing was a helluva lot easier to strip than my MS310...

Make us feel bad already and tell us how much she run ya! Looks to be in excellent shape.
I'm thinkin about lookin at one that has the tank sealed w/ epoxy...thinkin he's wanting too much at 150.00.

I'm thinkin I'll go and take a look at it. Make sure I have 50-60 bucks cash on me. He's had it on craigs list for about 2 weeks now, keeps relisting it.

Latest posts

Back