jolly star grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OP is looking for one in Ontario, Canada....

To the OP, not a Jolly Star, but check out Princess Auto if you want a cheaper alternative. They carry a Timbrtuff, which I have, and am quite happy with it. They also carry a cheaper one, a lot like the Harbor Freight/Northen Tool versions. Currently on sale this week for $49 or so.

Also, check out this Canadian distributor. I"ve made several purchases from them, no extra delays due to the Border, no brokerage fees due to Courier, and prices are good as well. They are located in Ontario as well.

www.bantasaw.com

Last edited:
The OP is looking for one in Ontario, Canada....

To the OP, not a Jolly Star, but check out Princess Auto if you want a cheaper alternative. They carry a Timbrtuff, which I have, and am quite happy with it. They also carry a cheaper one, a lot like the Harbor Freight/Northen Tool versions. Currently on sale this week for $49 or so.

Also, check out this Canadian distributor. I"ve made several purchases from them, no extra delays due to the Border, no brokerage fees due to Courier, and prices are good as well. They are located in Ontario as well.

www.bantasaw.com

The OP is looking for a Jolly Star.....

Thats a good deal from LMT37. May have to take ya up on that. With hydro of course.

Tit for tat (no, not that type!) Makes no diff, I know of a Cdn. distributor, and if the OP is interested he can contact me with a private email addy outside of the forum. Can't post here, or via PM on the forum, wasn't aware of that...

Ha My point exactly....When did the op ask for knockoff items. Jus messin with ya

hey fellers, i dont know much about these grinders, but do they (jolly) in particular the one Calvin sells for about $400- get chains like really super sharp. ive only ever hand sharpened mine.

Oregon grinders have always been made by Tecomec in Italy, as far as I know.

Hillbilly, chain sharpening is a skill whether you use a file or a grinder. A skilled filer can sharpen better than an unskilled grinder. A skilled grinder can sharpen better than an unskilled filer.

I've been sharpening chains off and on for 35 years, and I'm still learning.

Oregon grinders have always been made by Tecomec in Italy, as far as I know.

Hillbilly, chain sharpening is a skill whether you use a file or a grinder. A skilled filer can sharpen better than an unskilled grinder. A skilled grinder can sharpen better than an unskilled filer.

I've been sharpening chains off and on for 35 years, and I'm still learning.

Very good! I can see how that would be. I think ya pretty much answered my question, and I guess its (jolly grinder) not jst an automatic thing, ya still need to learn the art of it I guess ya could say.....Thanks!

Back