Jonney Red chainsaws RPM ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that means if you had a dyno print out, that the max power would be at 9000-9600 and drop off slightly as it peaks (max rpm) out.

What actually cuts the wood is chain speed and chain design/sharpness - hp and torque is what keep the chain speed up though.

A "powerband" that goes high up (lots of cutting happens there) is much better than one that goes low down (not much is happening there anyway), under normal conditions.

You want to keep it between 9000 to 9600 when cutting, every vid I've seen on here saws cut the fastest with the engine loaded well but not overloaded. One of guys with a tach should see what the RPM's are when cutting the fastest, I'd think right in that 9000 to 9600 range. Steve

There website say's max power rpm 9000 and 9600 rpm on there saws, that's not there max rpm is it?

What model saw. Different saws have different rpm requirements. Generally speaking the older Jonsereds turn less rpms than the newer Jonsered. Post the model and I can tell you what the factory max rpm is for that saw in its stock form.

What model saw. Different saws have different rpm requirements. Generally speaking the older Jonsereds turn less rpms than the newer Jonsered. Post the model and I can tell you what the factory max rpm is for that saw in its stock form.

:agree2: Jonsered saws will turn anywhere from 9800 to 14,800 rpms. Each model turns differently.

Back