Jonsered 2152 Hot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbruin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So one of my johnnys (2152) is smoking hot after running it half a tank or so. The top plastic cover is hot, and its smoking some afterwards from underneath the cover, it is clean and not full of bar oil and sawdust. I use regular (non ethanol) high test gas mixed 40:1 with amsoil dominator 2 stroke. It doesnt surge or pulsate, it would fire up every time right away until i saw this issue, it was hard to start afterwards, but idled ok once it stayed running after 30 seconds or so. I stopped using the saw not wanting to do any more damage if any that would be done to it. I checked the intake boot, all ok, i sprayed a little carb cleaner around that area and it didn't affect it idling. This saw has never ever gotten hot in the 7 yearr or so i have owned it. I just put a new plug and air filter on it in january and filter looks fine. Help with ideas. Thanks

Does it have a catalytic muffler. If it's plugging up it would have those symptoms and could be the issue. Also pressure test crank seals. Check fuel system for starvation from restricted fuel filter, a plugged filter will idle fine but run lean at high rpm. or could be possible carb problem.

Does it have a catalytic muffler. If it's plugging up it would have those symptoms and could be the issue. Also pressure test crank seals. Check fuel system for starvation from restricted fuel filter, a plugged filter will idle fine but run lean at high rpm. or could be possible carb problem.
Took muffler off and checked piston and rings, all ok, muffler not plugged, plug looked fine, I made a tiny enrichment of carb and ran it today. All was well....guess time will tell.

Latest posts

Back