• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jonsered 2172. ported. 20" & 24" bars. REDUCED PRICE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daryng

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a 2172 that I just finished that I'm hoping someone would want. I have a video of it running here:

I've gone through this saw completely, and replaced everything that was questionable with OEM parts (except for the bearings, I ordered good quality 6202 bearings from my auto parts store). I did some port work and found some pretty good gains in the saw. I've put about 4 tanks through it, and will continue to run it until it is no longer mine..... I really like this saw, and if I didn't have other projects, I'd probably keep it. New decals are on the way, and go with the saw.

It comes with a 20" and a 24" woodland pro bars, and I'll throw in a chain of each. this saw really likes a 20" 8 pin so I'll include both an 8 and a 7 pin rim.

$600 shipped

I'll get pictures posted later this evening

Good looking j-red! That wood your calling hedge looks a lot like what we call yellow locust. Its hard as hell as well. Best firewood or fence material around. Seems like it only gets harder with time. Good luck with the sale.

What exactly did you do to it? Compression?
Compression is 175 cold. I did degree wheel it, but felt that the stock timing numbers were pretty good. with the stock gasket squish was at .025 so I didn't really feel I needed to change it. I case matched the transfer tunnels by blending the lower part, but keeping the tunnels the same shape, in order to not loose any velocity. I timed the opening of the strato with the intake opening by trimming a little bit off the piston skirt on the intake side. I then raised the intake ceiling, with hopes of stuffing more fuel/air into the crankcase. There isn't any room to widen the intake on these saws due to the strato cutouts on the piston. I then widened the exhaust and port matched the gasket/heat shield/ and muffler to the larger exhaust size. I then did my standard muffler mod.

This was all after a complete split case rebuild....

I really like the x torqs. They have a sound to them that is hard to describe. they kind of have a machinery sound to them (if that makes any sense) in the cut. you don't just hear exhaust.

I love x torqs as well. The oe 372's ported do have maybe more rpm or so it seems but the x torqs seem to pull a little better if u pull the rpm down. I feel like the x torqs deserve more respect.

I love x torqs as well. The oe 372's ported do have maybe more rpm or so it seems but the x torqs seem to pull a little better if u pull the rpm down. I feel like the x torqs deserve more respect.
I agree. Even with the homeowner saws. I put together a 450 a while back, and even though it didn't rap out like a traditional cylinder 350, it seemed like it had more grunt in the cut

So Terry Landrum is the man! The new decals were in my mailbox today. Thank you

WP_20150126_006.jpg

The bars are new and have never touched wood. both .050 gauge 72DL and 84DL
2172.png
I do have the spark screen and will put it back in. I run it without the screen for some run time. I always have a fear that there is some grind dust or a small pebble, so I give it the opportunity to be blown out.
2172 2.png
there is a chip off of the clutch cover and a small crack. It doesn't hurt the functionality of it and there is no risk of it breaking apart. a new cover was $50+ and I don't think it would have gained me $50 more in the sale.

It also appears that the screw for the cylinder spring vibrated out. It will be replaced.
WP_20150126_008.jpg
WP_20150126_012.jpg 2172 8.png

I will agree on that as well.....Terry is the man! If husky and jonsered would have had dealers like him years ago Stihl would not have as much popularity in my area the last few years...at least be more even. Knowing Terry is around makes me lean toward husky/jonsered....and I still love stihl as well :)

Back