Jonsered 630 bar and chain confusion. Help please!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a johnsered 630.My friend put it on permanent loan to me. The saw cuts but not real well. The chain seems to pivot back and forth on the bar. Almost like the track on the bar is to wide.
The bar is a Sandvic 11m522-68 1.5mm/.058" 3/8/68dL on the tip of the bar is stamped 3/8-.058. The chain is an oregon it is stamped 72 on each drive dog and has 25 stamped on each raker. The bar measures 18 1/2 long from the face of the saw to the tip of the bar. Is it possible the wrong chain is on this saw? Could the bar be wallowed out from being run with the chain oiler gear stripped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am just learning the ropes on all this stuff. I also have a Hotblast furnace by U.S stoves, a husky 455 Rancher, a husky 350 with a muffler mod and a 27 ton Swisher splitter.

Thanks Steve..

'yep, casey nailed it. oregon 72 is 050 gauge. You need 73LG which is 058 gauge. Try that, it should take most of the slop out. If not, you may have to have the bar squeezed at the saw shop.

630 jonsered w/ 455 husky rancher bar and chain

Freakingstang said:
'yep, casey nailed it. oregon 72 is 050 gauge. You need 73LG which is 058 gauge. Try that, it should take most of the slop out. If not, you may have to have the bar squeezed at the saw shop.

Will the factory bar and chain off of my Husqvarna 455 rancher fit on this saw until I get the time buy new chains for the Jonsered?

Thanks Steve..

bama said:
I haven't seen a 455 close up, but I know the 630 takes a large mount bar. I would bet the 455 takes a small mount, so I don't think swapping will work.
I suspect that you are right.

Freakingstang said:
'yep, casey nailed it. oregon 72 is 050 gauge. You need 73LG which is 058 gauge.......
...or 73LP....:)

If the correct chain is slopping also, I'd get a new bar, and not mess further with the worn one.

Latest posts

Back