jonsered 630 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned coed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
just stripped down a jonsered 630 for a flooding carb. but noticed the trigger is really stiff and won,t return to the down position as normal. have found the problem lies in the trigger cross shaft. iv,e tried some releasing spray without any differance. the thing is i can,t quite figure out how to split the plastic cross shaft so i can have a look at the tigger pivot. anyone know how to break it down also where best to get hold of a manual for this model. regards,Ned.

thanks for your reply grande dog. though the cross shaft i am refering to is the shaft which carries the plastic throttle arm which in turn connects to the carb via the steel throttle link.it,s situated under the carb and is approx. 100mm long and has rubber mounts either side of the shaft which protroude through the side casing. i hope you can follow this and do appreciate your assistance. regards,Ned.

ned coed said:
thanks for your reply grande dog. though the cross shaft i am refering to is the shaft which carries the plastic throttle arm which in turn connects to the carb via the steel throttle link.it,s situated under the carb and is approx. 100mm long and has rubber mounts either side of the shaft which protroude through the side casing. i hope you can follow this and do appreciate your assistance. regards,Ned.
You have to unscrew the shocks each side,they are holding the pin going tru the mechanism.

thanks very much hioctane, unscrewed those mounts but the steel throttle shaft was stubborn. when i had knocked it through with a pin punch it broke in two due to corrosion inside the hollow plastic shaft of the cross shaft. this expansion of corrosion had split the plastic!. know wonder it was tight to come out, anyway problem solved. thanks again, regards, Ned.

ned coed said:
thanks very much hioctane, unscrewed those mounts but the steel throttle shaft was stubborn. when i had knocked it through with a pin punch it broke in two due to corrosion inside the hollow plastic shaft of the cross shaft. this expansion of corrosion had split the plastic!. know wonder it was tight to come out, anyway problem solved. thanks again, regards, Ned.
The shaft was not original,because the stock one is aluminium,so no rust to get there.

Latest posts

Back