Jonsered 920 Performance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amdburner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Jonsered 920 on ebay for using with my recently acquired Alaskan MK III. It runs well but I checked the compression and it is 130lbs so I figure I will put new rings in it. Truthfully, I want to take it apart because I am itching to tweak it some. Can anybody offer me some porting advice for this saw? I have ported heads on Chevy smallblocks but have never put my carbide to a chainsaw cylinder. If you advise me not to do it than I will take your advice as well. Also, I would like to convert the air filter setup so that I can use maybe a setup like a Husky 3120.

You could try to contact Dennis Greffard, who is a member here, but hasn't been active for some time, if you doesn't get help elsewhere.

His username is Dennis.

Thanks Sawtroll, you let me know this on another thread as well. I just thought I might get some other input if I started a thread. I have searched high and low and it seems that "numbers" are difficult to come by other than taking a mm or 2 off the top of the exhaust port and the bottom of the intake port and possibly widen them out. I know that there was a thread concerning a saw that Gypo had done but the thread was removed which is bogus. I have always been interested in tweaking extra performance out of things be it a PC, a snowmobile, car, or in this case a chainsaw. I doubt that posting numbers and such would hurt too many builder's businesses as most would not have the necessary tools or desire to grind away at a critical part of their chainsaw. If anybody has the pics and numbers from that thread I would be interested to see them.

Actually, I just signed up for it so I will have to check my email for the activation.

Latest posts

Back