Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would throw in some pictures of my week old Jred 2153

IMGP0005-1.jpg

IMGP0003.jpg

Cheers

Yep the 70E is a real nice saw. If you can find the parts to keep them going they will earn their keep. I've spent many hrs on the 70E, a bit on the heavy side but great for bucking saw logs or felling big pine.

LOL!! We used to call ours "Big Jon" :cheers:
Just how hard is it find parts for the 70E? I picked one up today, and know it needs a few things.

Anybody have a shot of the flywheel, and the under side of the recoil cover. These Jreds are a new monster to me.

Just how hard is it find parts for the 70E? I picked one up today, and know it needs a few things.

Anybody have a shot of the flywheel, and the under side of the recoil cover. These Jreds are a new monster to me.

I got a 70E a year ago and found all the parts I needed on Ebay.
Not all at once I just kept checking every few days until I found
what I needed.

Possum, there are two versions of the 70E. You will have to find out which yours is. The early had a plastic fan bolted to an aluminum flywheel. This had a large mag/electronic module under the flywheel and the spark coil mounted in the recoil cover. These igns were the same as on the 52E but if you swap you will have to change the wire lengths on the module.
The late version had an aluminum flywheel/fan and the coil is mounted on the cyl like the 49SP. These also had a "trigger box" mounted in the carb box. These triggers can be relplaced by any of the points elimination modules, I've been told but I've haven't tried it myself. Hope this is of some help.

Thanks Cliff. And thanks Robin

Mine is the one with the plastic shield, but it looks kinda broken all around, and the spark plug wire has pulled out of the recoil housing/coil

Here is a picture of my saws including the 621 that my son just got running. The two homelite are not yet runners but I think they will be soon. The crafstman needs a chain but it runs great.
The saws in order are
homelite super 2, stihl 017, craftsman, homelite xl12, jonsered 670, jonsered 621, jonsered 910, and a jonsered 910 sporting a small mill.

Hey guys...good stuff..

my j-reds seem to be growing...

455, 510sp, 2050, 801, and a few others..... yikes.

I'll be starting the resto on my 801 as soon as this damn humidity goes away....

in the meantime, does anyone out there have a chain brake cover assy for a 525/630/670? my 630 super needs one...

Thanks guys!!

J

Last edited:
I just picked up a 2188 with a 32" bar last night.

Snapped some pictures of it this morning, here she is in all her glory.

IMGP0004.jpg

IMGP0003-1.jpg

IMGP0005-2.jpg

IMGP0007-1.jpg

I'm going out to drop some big wood on my land now so I'll have some pictures of it in some wood tonight.

That's a real good looking saw there. If I didn't have the husky version I'd have one of them.

Yeah the saw is a buet for sure. Good old red and black. As for dirty pictures heres what I got so far.

@sawgarage: Yes new, I got it from my local jonsered dealer.

I went out yesterday and gunned down a 1000bf pine as the first tree/time this saw has cut. My old man was out with me shooting the photos with my camera.

Heres some pictures of it bar buried:

IMGP0018.jpg

IMGP0041.jpg

IMGP0039.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

Well thats a whole mess of pictures for ya there.

Yeah the saw is a buet for sure. Good old red and black. As for dirty pictures heres what I got so far.

@sawgarage: Yes new, I got it from my local jonsered dealer.

I went out yesterday and gunned down a 1000bf pine as the first tree/time this saw has cut. My old man was out with me shooting the photos with my camera.

Heres some pictures of it bar buried:

IMGP0018.jpg

IMGP0041.jpg

IMGP0039.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

Well thats a whole mess of pictures for ya there.

Thats a sweet saw. I just bought one a few months ago. What I want to know is where are your chaps? hearing/eye protection?:buttkick: Enjoy your 2188. I definatley enjoy mine:clap:

Latest posts

Back