Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol...yeah, I'm all over it at $999. Guy with a vid on the 111S in shorts and clogs, just letting the saw idle and occasionally goosing it. Impressive that is not. Seems to me if someone is even considering a saw at that price, they deserve a vid with it sunk into wood;both soft and hardwood.

Kevin

At a minute and 48 seconds he may have the Guinness book of records for the longest piss rev video.

I don't see what moves that trigger lever...should be like a solenoid or something...what makes that sweep UP to move the saw's trigger?

Kevin
That linkage is actuated by a solid wound control cable....like an old fashion lawn mower throttle.......it is mounted on the carriage in a handy spot to where you push the carriage/saw along the track.

Good score dean......I have a couple of the 2045 around here....same saw just smaller
P&C....
Free black and red saw are a good thing......I just picked up a 2055 in great shape @ the same price......doesn't run.....but just needs the usual carb/clean/kit/fuel line and filter...not used much...just neglected....

Good score dean......I have a couple of the 2045 around here....same saw just smaller
P&C....
Free black and red saw are a good thing......I just picked up a 2055 in great shape @ the same price......doesn't run.....but just needs the usual carb/clean/kit/fuel line and filter...not used much...just neglected....

Started the 2050 today and it ran great at WOT!! From a bone dry tank, a bit of mix and 6 pulls started it. But it had gas leaking from under the top cover and it wouldn't hold idle.
I popped the hood and there was a disconnected hose that must be a tank vent line.

These new-fangled saws look goofy inside . . . . . where's the points and condensers?????!!!!!!!! :surprised3:
I'm not used to working on anything made after the Reagan administration. :laugh:

Oh OK....I was making it more complicated and Jetsons.

Kevin

It's kinda goofy, but work good, keeps the presence lever depressed and is non-invasive so you can remove it fairly quickly so the saw can be used in the normal fashion....

I've got to clean and go through the usual stuff and get this saw ready for work again......my friend paid $350.00 plus another $300 in bartered services for the whole setup....pretty impressive carriage and massive track system......Jonsered branded....will get some pics once it's all together...

I have to widen a hole on the 268 muffler support bracket to match the knock off muffler alignment and shape the plastic cover internally on the 162 cover to match the 266 profile around the intake but these guys will get gas in a day or two and we will see how I did!

67fd0a2294a86bc221f06bbe23de5d79.jpg
9689bc8f1721d3ab5ac676d11a0d71d3.jpg
da256133c1b1f0f5069f1dc163654131.jpg
9c217f51a722774f49a0b460af563aec.jpg
86faabf1297148cdcd07b01131b472df.jpg

Brian

It's kinda goofy, but work good, keeps the presence lever depressed and is non-invasive so you can remove it fairly quickly so the saw can be used in the normal fashion....

I've got to clean and go through the usual stuff and get this saw ready for work again......my friend paid $350.00 plus another $300 in bartered services for the whole setup....pretty impressive carriage and massive track system......Jonsered branded....will get some pics once it's all together...

Great...love to see pics of this J'red branded mill! I wonder how popular they were over here in NA and did most of them wind up in your neck of the woods? (Eric, if ya know anything, speak up!)

Most of the chainsaw mills around here were sold through Bailey's...they got HUGE into that.

Kevin

Brian,

I don't see that metal washer on any of the 162 IPL's. It's there on the 268 IPL
You are correct, all eleven 162 ipls only show the one piece rim setup, no washer or dust guard.
0711048d2c0ad44172e8e3bff99efd9b.jpg

I went to the power mate rim on all 3 saws and I think all of them need the washer like the bottom view from this early 266 ipl.
8d8d1ce30841ed4b057c75b16ead0ff2.jpg

I do have the fourth oiler from the toasted 266 I could use if I take apart the 162 oiler. It is in good shape as far as the lip goes.

Brian

I think it is there to provide support behind the plastic dust guard so when the rim moves over and hits it.

Brian

Here's one of those accursed 4XX saws.......completely beat as usual....cheapest you can get it is $61.......I picked up a 450 for parts today with low compression...not scored just stuck ring......near new Total bar and 90% .325 Oregon chisel chain for a 6 pak of Bud Lite......I didn't have a cent on me so he has to come back for his payment...LOL!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/jonsered-ch...702329?hash=item2a67b77379:g:2-IAAOSw0QFXCSR9

D*mn! This would be a very long drive for just one chainsaw that "needs some work," even for only $20.00.

Maybe one of y'll can talk him into shipping it.

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/for/5581739709.html

Man, that's what we used to call a 'leaving the planet sale'.....lol. To get around TX, you drive FOREVER. I used to live in Dallas.

Maybe buy all his stuff and sell everything but the saw on the roadside, or at a bar for your gas money....lol

Kevin

That would be a sweet deal for a 638....LOL!!! Those are rare!!!! Seriously I'd follow up on it if I were you....

I could have the only Jonsered "638" ever made :laugh:.

Man, that's what we used to call a 'leaving the planet sale'.....lol. To get around TX, you drive FOREVER. I used to live in Dallas.

Maybe buy all his stuff and sell everything but the saw on the roadside, or at a bar for your gas money....lol

Kevin

I took a very similar drive, about 4.5 hours round trip, to buy to two rare (around here :yes:) Poulan saws. I'd need to have some additional reasons to make that kind of drive.

I could have the only Jonsered "638" ever made :laugh:.

I took a very similar drive, about 4.5 hours round trip, to buy to two rare (around here :yes:) Poulan saws. I'd need to have some additional reasons to make that kind of drive.

0's become 8's I guess over time....lol. I hear ya on the drive. I drove to Seattle and back for essentially a bicycle frame...that's about seven hrs. Still hanging in my garage....not one of my better ventures.

Kevin

Back