Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently according to Acres...the saw was made by EMAB Canada(the 380). Tim's got a pretty good handle on Canadian made saws. It's way beyond the original Electrolux buyout....maybe has some Husky influence? I dunno.....strange looking(to me) little duck.....don't really see the Husky influence.

Kevin

The 638 doesn't even show on the acres site. Does anyone have any info on it? A Google search didn't even turn up anything. It's a unicorn.

I picked up a 450 for parts today with low compression...not scored just stuck ring......near new Total bar and 90% .325 Oregon chisel chain for a 6 pak of Bud Lite.

uuggggh, there's a little headache in every one of those cans. I'd have wanted something a bit more "top shelf" but good score for you Robin. :)

uuggggh, there's a little headache in every one of those cans. I'd have wanted something a bit more "top shelf" but good score for you Robin. :)

Well.......other than being embarrassed to have to actually buy Bud Lite at the store......it is nearly a perfect swap......a Jonsereds Lite for Bud Lite....neither one worth a pXXX hole in a snow bank....LOL!!!

Well.......other than being embarrassed to have to actually buy Bud Lite at the store......it is nearly a perfect swap......a Jonsereds Lite for Bud Lite....neither one worth a pXXX hole in a snow bank....LOL!!!

I get a trailer load of crusher dust from a gravel plant in trade for a six pack of Bud Lite. In the middle of the day, the guys at the store think I have a problem..lol! I'd pour that stuff out in the street before I drank it....but then again, I came from Budweiser country.

Kevin

Kevin asked me to post this up.

That 380 was EMAB's attempt at a "world saw". It was likely made to replace the re-branded Frontier saw(s) which was an old, under powered design. It was produced in Skil, Pioneer, Pioneer -Partner, Jonsered, and Husky models as well as a bunch I'm missing.
I had a Husky version I sold. It ran well but was as slow as heck.
A pic of the Jonsered version M36 from Acre's site
jred-m36-gif.503233

The replacement was likely the 380 which was made in the EMAB plant in Huron Park, Ontario.

Other versions made of the Jred 380 are the Jred 370, also the Pioneer - Partner 360 and Husky 33 and 38 and possibly others.
I'ts a plastic clam shell consumer grade saw. Made in two displacements 34 and 38 cc

Here's a pic of the Pioneer - Partner version from Acre's site.
pp-360-jpg.503235

I don't think they ever caught on. I don't think I've ever laid my hands on one so I have no idea how well they run.

A number of different saws were built in the Huron Park plant which no longer exists. The most notable were the Poulan Pro Pioneers, 405, 455, 525, and 655. Thy also made the Pioneer - Partner versions of those saws there. The one you see in my avatar (P52) was made in the Pioneer plant in Peterborough, Ontario plant before ELUX closed it. It's interesting that the manufacture date and the serial number were scribed into the paint on the bottom of the saw. There are several more out there like that.

That's about all I know about the EMAB plant and a little research I did this morning on the Jonsered 380.

Thanks Tim, for posting the info on the Jonsered/Canadian 380.

Yrs ago I talked to some Swedes about the prototype 910E that was around 100cc. There were an undocumented amount of them made for field trials over in Europe. Sadly, nothing was ever sent over here. And further, one was spotted still working just a yr or so ago...over in Europe. I've never seen a pic...so don't know if it had the exact accoutrements of the basic 910E or some refinements/changes. That's why I call it a 'ghost saw'. Electrolux killed it...gave it a firm NO.

Kevin

LOL.......went down to New Hampshire over the weekend to see Roncoinc about some stuff and trade stories.......came home with yet another disabled 49SP.....nice shape and complete, real good except for a scored piston.....good cosmetics....B&C.....I was getting low on projects...LOL....sometime I'm gonna have to start selling some off.....quickly running out of room....

Another 49SP??? You're gonna have to make up some games;put an ounce of fuel mix in ea 49 that runs and take bets on which one will stay running the longest while idling.

Kevin

Lordy....the first one would run out of gas before I got the last started!!!.....LOL!!! Was looking last night at the spare P&C and good looking project saw situations that could use them......I count four 49SPs that could be running in a day....added to the nine I have now...so 13 would be the count if I took the time....LOL!!

LOL...chainsaws are just like guns...especially at a GTG.......you have start with the small ones and progress to the larger ones because running a 50cc saw is not very gratifying after running 80,90 or 100cc saws......like who wants to shoot a .22 no matter how nice it is after shooting a .357 Magnum.......

Back