Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, my bad......thought he wanted a clutch cover. That’s gonna require a donor....but I’ve seen those as well on the bay.

Kevin

I thought I had some NOS case halves for the 80......but I don't....70E, 621, 521E, 52/52E and 49sp...but that's it. I don't know how good looking his saw is as far as wear and tear/paint loss etc. Pretty hard to find a used case half for those (80, 801,90) as they were large, expensive professional saws and tougher than woodpecker lips so by the time most got retired they had a lot of paint loss if not breakage.

I thought I had some NOS case halves for the 80......but I don't....70E, 621, 521E, 52/52E and 49sp...but that's it. I don't know how good looking his saw is as far as wear and tear/paint loss etc. Pretty hard to find a used case half for those (80, 801,90) as they were large, expensive professional saws and tougher than woodpecker lips so by the time most got retired they had a lot of paint loss if not breakage.

Ha!, "but that's it".

Agreed, the donors I have seen with the rods sticking out have been well worn as far as paint. Occasionally, I have seen concrete saws based on the 80 go for cheap........

Kevin

Patience and a steady effort checking ebay is about the only easy way to locate something like that...I have a set of 90 cases that are in good shape....as in unbroken and holes not stripped but they are ugly paint wise.....hardly any red left...I always hate to see mismatched case halves.

yes ,my poor stepchild 910e with the (bunnion) plug boot,
they are kicked around alot but ran stronger than the 920;s

A lot of loggers I talked to since I quit here in the PNW....who ran the 900 series, like the 910 best; lighter, revved freer etc. Maybe that’s all sheep dip, but that’s what they say.

I ran a new one for a day on a loggin’ show and it didn’t impress me enough against that wild-ass 80 I have that I wanted to race down and buy one.

But now I own one waiting to be assembled....lol.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back