Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered if the chunks out of the piston were on the side on the cylinder showing or on the off side? I did see couple of marks on the cylinder between the transfer showing but who knows?
Yep it was pretty rough......looked like metal infiltration at some time.....runnable I guess but not great....

Just ten yrs ago, most would have thrown that P&C in the trash....the piston for sure.

Things have moved really fast in chainsaw collecting just in the last ten yrs. I'm still scratching my head about a lot of it....the posers, the flippers, the misinformation spreaders.

I keep waiting for the hobby to settle down again, but I don't know if that's possible. :nofunny:

Kevin

Yep, I'd say it's had some time put on her that's for sure! Hoping it's still got some life left in it with some freshening up.
Oh yeah I’m sure it has a lot of life left in it. The 670 Super II was what the Champ was at first and they are the most advanced versions of the family

So I got tasked with getting a cousins Jonsered 2045 running. There is a hose that runs from the right side of the case and it doesnt seem to have an endpoint. It comes out behind the handle but for the life of me I cannot figure out where the other end goes. Anybody have a picture or can explain it to me because the ipl shoes a hose but not where it goes?
Thanks.

Can you post a pic of the saw broken down for clarification?

Kevin
I'll try to get one up tomorrow Kevin. I found one pic online that showed the left side of the hose and it was in a spot on my 2045 that's just a blind hole. The saw runs good, just cant find a useful place for that hose.

I'll try to get one up tomorrow Kevin. I found one pic online that showed the left side of the hose and it was in a spot on my 2045 that's just a blind hole. The saw runs good, just cant find a useful place for that hose.

On the older Jonsereds, they ran a gas vent line into a hole that went to the recoil start area......with a bronze sintered filter on the end of the hose.

Maybe this is something similar?

Kevin

On the older Jonsereds, they ran a gas vent line into a hole that went to the recoil start area......with a bronze sintered filter on the end of the hose.

Maybe this is something similar?

Kevin
Maybe. Theres nothing on either end of the hose right now. The best I can tell this saw was produced between the mid 90's and early 00's. I dont recall seeing any other holes in the intake area for a hose to be though.
Thanks.

Had an interesting ebay transaction the other day. A seller had a Tilly 250A carb for sale. The 250-A is a recirculating carb used on the late model 670 Super II/Champ. I like these carbs and run them on several modified 268XP/670 saws. The price was $35.00 OBO free shipping. So I thought....."these are getting harder to find all the time in good shape" so I offered him $30.00 before I went to work.....after work I got home and check email....nothing. I then went to my watched list and opened the link to the carb............It was $25..00 BIN...LOL!! It'll be here today!!! :laugh:

Had an interesting ebay transaction the other day. A seller had a Tilly 250A carb for sale. The 250-A is a recirculating carb used on the late model 670 Super II/Champ. I like these carbs and run them on several modified 268XP/670 saws. The price was $35.00 OBO free shipping. So I thought....."these are getting harder to find all the time in good shape" so I offered him $30.00 before I went to work.....after work I got home and check email....nothing. I then went to my watched list and opened the link to the carb............It was $25..00 BIN...LOL!! It'll be here today!!! :laugh:

Wait...so he turned down your offer of $30 and then changed the sale to BIN $25.....WTH??

Kevin

Maybe. Theres nothing on either end of the hose right now. The best I can tell this saw was produced between the mid 90's and early 00's. I dont recall seeing any other holes in the intake area for a hose to be though.
Thanks.
That is a tank vent line as Kevin said. It actually terminates way out in the in the trigger handle on the right side after it passes through the case. The other end attaches to the vent on the top of the gas tank on the left side of the saw. Couple pics of two non-running 2050's I have here, they are pretty much the same as 2045. The first pic is from a 1995 and the line just slips into the vent fitting. The second pic is of a 1996 2050 and this shows a check valve attaching to the same fitting and the hose then attaching to the check valve then going to the right side. Either way the hose attaches in the same place. I don't know much about these saws as they are not something I would use......not as long as I had a running 49SP......

IMG_1016.jpgIMG_1017.jpg

So my 49sp is running good just got done cutting some limbs up for my mother inlaw. I am not sure if I have to much mix or if it is running to hot but it is smoking pretty good when running it.

Back