Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same of the plastic top cover and AF cover for the Husly 2100. Prices for those have been completely insane for yrs. One forum member showed a half dozen or so of them still in plastic wrap. He could just about set his own price.

If you have the recoil cover, you should go for the saw....lol!

But yeah, probably be sniped at the end....but ya never know on eBay......may be a lull right now in these saws due to the pandemic.

Kevin

Amazing in this day and age with the hype of the 111S. I've seen 111S doorstops with all kinds of issues go through for that....and parts missing.

All may change in the Fall though....of maybe not with COVID. :rolleyes:

Kevin

Great saw.....I have a low hr 2094 and I think the world of it.

I did a review of it in here against a Husky 2100.

Funny, I wanted a 394xp and instead wound up with the 2094......don't regret it a bit, it screams.

Great price too you paid. Enjoy your new beast!! As far as parts, forgetaboutit...lol.

Kevin

So I'm trying to finish up a rebuild of my 670 Champ and have a problem. Saw ran well when I took it apart, but had noisey crank bearings. I rebuilt lower end with new bearings and seals. Now I have no spark out of original coil. I've tried it with 3 different plugs with no luck. Tried with ignition switch plugged in and notplugged in, no difference. So yesterday I bought a good used coil installed it and still no spark. What is going on? I set coil to flywheel gap using a business card. Can flywheel magnets go bad? What am I missing?

So I'm trying to finish up a rebuild of my 670 Champ and have a problem. Saw ran well when I took it apart, but had noisey crank bearings. I rebuilt lower end with new bearings and seals. Now I have no spark out of original coil. I've tried it with 3 different plugs with no luck. Tried with ignition switch plugged in and notplugged in, no difference. So yesterday I bought a good used coil installed it and still no spark. What is going on? I set coil to flywheel gap using a business card. Can flywheel magnets go bad? What am I missing?

Check and make sure you have continuity between the cyl and the case, also make sure your coil mounting bosses are clean as in bare metal. That would be the starting point.

Just to confirm these are open circuit....meaning there should be spark with ignition switch unplugged?

Oh and also, does the saw need to have more parts installed, such as maybe handle? I'm trying to think of everything, just didn't know if some other component completes a circuit or something.

I have continuity between the grounded wire at coil and cylinder and case. Also from the blade connector on coil to plug cap I have .008 ohms of resistance on both of the coils I have.

I also tried for spark with ground wire off and still no go. I popped the flywheel back off to see if there's anything weird going on. Looks good to me.20200823_205458.jpg20200823_205504.jpg

Just to confirm these are open circuit....meaning there should be spark with ignition switch unplugged?

Oh and also, does the saw need to have more parts installed, such as maybe handle? I'm trying to think of everything, just didn't know if some other component completes a circuit or something.
Yes the switch simply grounds out the ign system..... unplugged is the same as “on”. Nothing else required to make connection. Make sure your plug wire is not messed up on one end or the other. Sometimes the plug boot end can lose connection.

Well not sure what changed, but I reinstalled the flywheel and ground wire, secured recoil and gave it another rip.....have spark! Not sure if it was something making a better connection or me giving it a stronger tug on cord out of frustration, but it's working now.

Can't wait to throw it together tonight and run it.

Well not sure what changed, but I reinstalled the flywheel and ground wire, secured recoil and gave it another rip.....have spark! Not sure if it was something making a better connection or me giving it a stronger tug on cord out of frustration, but it's working now.

Can't wait to throw it together tonight and run it.

My vote is like what Robin said....one of the high voltage spark plug leads is loose or corroded.

It's pretty rare in mechanical devices that something 'works itself out'....never to rear its ugly head again.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back