Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now onto my next problem. Decided to start looking over the 2095. Throttle return spring is not seated correctly. Somebody know how it's secured? It has a squared off end that must engage with something on carb body.View attachment 850751
Does it hook around this rounded area underneath?

I'm betting that bent tag end of the spring the pointer is pointing to in the first pic isn't supposed to be bent or is bent in the wrong orientation. Picture it straightened it out or rotated and placement may become more obvious...

<edit> I think it is bent/orientated wrong and should go sort of around the corner so to speak and hook on the 'throttle plate face' of the carb, there should be a small indentation where it sits.
So it gets rotated around clockwise about 180 degrees, then the end gets bent in toward the throttle plate to hold it there. Not sure if that's a good enough explanation...

Ok, got curious enough to go poke around the shop...

What I was trying to explain was this;
tilly 1.JPG

...but upon further investigation I think it's more something like this;
tilly 2.JPG

Either way that spring end gets twisted in toward the carb body....

I was also eyeballing that saw on cr but wasn't quite enough of a deal to drive that far for so didn't pursue it.
2094/2095 are two of only a few obvious empty holes in my jred lineup and somewhat high on my hit list.

Ok, got curious enough to go poke around the shop...

What I was trying to explain was this;
View attachment 850960

...but upon further investigation I think it's more something like this;
View attachment 850961

Either way that spring end gets twisted in toward the carb body....

I was also eyeballing that saw on cr but wasn't quite enough of a deal to drive that far for so didn't pursue it.
2094/2095 are two of only a few obvious empty holes in my jred lineup and somewhat high on my hit list.
Good tips. I'm gonna pull carb so I can have a better look at it.

Yeah, there was a ton of interest according to the guy I bought it from....who ended up being someone I know. He told me he had 47 email inquires, including someone 3 hrs away in RI willing to PayPal $ over sight unseen and come for it right away.

The 2094 has become really rare and the 2095 close behind it. Once people get them and use them, they don't like to let go.

Kensie did me a real solid by selling me a low hr 2094.

Always the skeptic on 'newer' saws, both of those saws are outstanding if you need something that large.

Kevin

Well whether it's right or wrong spring seems to have seated itself well here with good tension. See the loose coil around end of throttle....that's slack I accidentally bent into it trying to bring the other hooked end up to the other arrow. Oops!

It should work fine, but let's just say I'll be looking for that spring or a good used carb! Of course I'll still need to know how it mounts.20200825_231545.jpg

Unless the vent is composite fiber, I’d be more inclined to use a solder gun to ‘weld’ the break.

‘course depending on the plastic, the mend could make it more brittle. Epoxy won’t fix that....first time it’s nudged, it will break.

Industries around the world use about ten different plastics and another dozen derivatives.

Eastwood Co(auto restoration) sells an actual plastic welder. But I think it only cover about four basic plastics.

You’d be in luck if it was ABS....I can fix that great.

Kevin

Bummer....well, try to determine what kind of plastic it is. Euro pipe pitch is very close to US IPS pitch. That's why a IPS pipe plug will screw into the oil tank for a lot of old J'reds. They aren't exactly the same, but in saws the pipe pitch holes aren't that exacting.

Kensie got back to me....he didn't have a 2095 assembled, so his friend took a pic.....but it was of the trigger assembly. I just wrote him back.....I probably wasn't clear in my original ask.

Kevin

Woodslasher thanks for the part #. I'll call my Husky dealer tomorrow and see if I can order one.

Kevin, those pics are mostly of the cable side and not clear enough.

The good news is I splashed some gas down the carb and a little fresh in the tank and saw fired right up. Throttle seems to operate perfect and saw seems to run well. Solve the tank vent and I should be in business!20200826_002458.jpg

Back