Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I will look into it further. I think I will remove wire from coil and snip off a bit to give it clean wire for a fresh bite on the screw. Likewise at the plug cap if possible. Looks like maybe the plug boot is glued to wire?

Well not sure what changed, but I reinstalled the flywheel and ground wire, secured recoil and gave it another rip.....have spark! Not sure if it was something making a better connection or me giving it a stronger tug on cord out of frustration, but it's working now.

Can't wait to throw it together tonight and run it.

Well a lot of these electronic igns have to yanked pretty hard to get them to show much spark at recoil speeds.... not like the old points models which generally will produce a serious spark at recoil speed. Hope it is going to operate properly for you.... 670 is a smart saw, especially the late one piece ign models!!

Well a lot of these electronic igns have to yanked pretty hard to get them to show much spark at recoil speeds.... not like the old points models which generally will produce a serious spark at recoil speed. Hope it is going to operate properly for you.... 670 is a smart saw, especially the late one piece ign models!!
Yes I'm really excited to run this saw. Like I said before it had noisey bearings so got new bearings and seals. I cleaned up the ports a bit, deleted base gasket (squish measured at .026"), and opened up exhaust a bit. Hoping it runs strong, ran pretty strong before.

Yes I'm really excited to run this saw. Like I said before it had noisey bearings so got new bearings and seals. I cleaned up the ports a bit, deleted base gasket (squish measured at .026"), and opened up exhaust a bit. Hoping it runs strong, ran pretty strong before.

Yep they use the almost exact same cyl as the Husky 268XP as far as port size and timing just uses a different intake and an external impulse. Same piston. The 61 in my sig is a real serious tool. I have a Champ in pieces under the bench that is in super condition.... just need some time to get it together!!!

That's right, the early 670's had a two coil system I read.

The 621/801/80/90 coils where the spark wire is attached to the coil....they will not unscrew without ruining the attachment there. The spark plug end is conventional with either a screw or a barb......seen both.

Kevin

Now onto my next problem. Decided to start looking over the 2095. Throttle return spring is not seated correctly. Somebody know how it's secured? It has a squared off end that must engage with something on carb body.20200824_225308.jpg
Does it hook around this rounded area underneath?20200824_225324.jpg
Or does it wrap around and somehow engage this squared area on carb?20200824_225331.jpg

Latest posts

Back