Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Care to elaborate?
False charge....fighting for my life, crooked small town prosecuting office. Made for TV movie, but at my expense. Can't elaborate further, sorry.

If and when I ever get my computers back, it's likely they will have been 'accidentally' dropped and I'll have to sue them for that too.

Kevin

False charge....fighting for my life, crooked small town prosecuting office. Made for TV movie, but at my expense. Can't elaborate further, sorry.

If and when I ever get my computers back, it's likely they will have been 'accidentally' dropped and I'll have to sue them for that too.

Kevin

Damn, that sucks. It's no fun when the law comes after you for something that you did. When they come after you for something you didn't do, that's got to be incredibly difficult.

Damn, that sucks. It's no fun when the law comes after you for something that you did. When they come after you for something you didn't do, that's got to be incredibly difficult.
It is...the unfairness is beyond description and add COVID delays on top of all that. Unlike TV and the movies, the cop shops and prosecuting offices aren't there to help anyone but their own agenda/careers.

Now my time is spent with lawyers.

Kevin

Anyone here within reasonable driving distance of Pendleton, OR? Sort of north central/north east Oregon. There's a saw shop in the area that has some NOS Jonsereds parts. I've been in touch with shop owner, but probably going to take someone going there in person.

Anyone here within reasonable driving distance of Pendleton, OR? Sort of north central/north east Oregon. There's a saw shop in the area that has some NOS Jonsereds parts. I've been in touch with shop owner, but probably going to take someone going there in person.
I live about 45 minutes from Pendleton, Scott. There is supposedly a saw shop near there that has a "mountain" of used saws sitting. I was going to make an effort to get there at some point.....that was ysr ago......they are old school, don't use the internet etc.

Touch base with me in PM and maybe we can work something out on your source. People around here that collect saws are into MAC's, and the like, so it's very possible there are Jonsereds NOS parts up for grabs.

Kevin

I live about 45 minutes from Pendleton, Scott. There is supposedly a saw shop near there that has a "mountain" of used saws sitting. I was going to make an effort to get there at some point.....that was ysr ago......they are old school, don't use the internet etc.

Touch base with me in PM and maybe we can work something out on your source. People around here that collect saws are into MAC's, and the like, so it's very possible there are Jonsereds NOS parts up for grabs.

Kevin
PM on the way!

Some of y'all may have seen the post in the classifieds here, but I got another XA diesel in from a collector in France. I traded for it -- he got the 110 that I just put back together. I had thoughts of getting the XA running (turned over nicely and had good compression), but I decided to list it for a strong price just to see if there were any takers. It was sold within an hour; headed to PA. Got a Stihl BLK and some $.

The 110/XA seems like it was a pretty good trade all around. You never see a 110/111/111S in Europe, and XA's rarely pop up for sale here. Having said that, I did pick up a 111S in the UK when I was living in Italy, but they're few and far between. And the 110 actually came from Sweden; it was poorly advertised on their version of Craigslist (I checked this regularly when I lived there) and I scooped it up for a really good price. I suspect this saw escaped from the factory, but there's no way to prove this, of course.

I'm assembling my 910e and would like to know what everyone uses for a carb boot clamp ?
It originally had a zip-tie around it and from what I read that was factory .
I would rather use some type of metal clamp .
Thanks for the help !
Ernie

I'm assembling my 910e and would like to know what everyone uses for a carb boot clamp ?
It originally had a zip-tie around it and from what I read that was factory .
I would rather use some type of metal clamp .
Thanks for the help !
Ernie
There's a European style worm gear clamp that does not chew up the rubber under it like all US worm gear clamps do. They are usually narrower too. I've even used them to conform to rectangular shapes. Unless someone has a better idea, I'd use that.

I forgot about these......they make a 'kit' for CV boot clamps where you form your own size clamp. You need a special tool to finish squeezing the ends together. But they are narrow as well and really slick when completed.

Kevin

There's a European style worm gear clamp that does not chew up the rubber under it like all US worm gear clamps do. They are usually narrower too. I've even used them to conform to rectangular shapes. Unless someone has a better idea, I'd use that.

I forgot about these......they make a 'kit' for CV boot clamps where you form your own size clamp. You need a special tool to finish squeezing the ends together. But they are narrow as well and really slick when completed.

Kevin
Thanks very much...I'll look into those two options!
Ernie

Well, I couldn't help myself. I don't think I have CAD yet, but I went ahead and bought that 49SP that was on CL. At 125$ I probably paid too much, but it looks like it has a lot of life left in it. Seller said it ran last time they tried it out. Was his fathers. One owner. Tilton bar- could that be original? Chain is sharpened down to nothing. I bet this is a one chain chain saw. Appears lightly used. Compression feels good. Rewind rope is loose. I hope this is my last saw purchase for some time. 1832F619-49F0-4879-A756-3ACDBD695C74_1_201_a.jpeg6BB00169-AC12-4462-B666-0D58A765D21C_1_201_a.jpeg

My parts finally came in from LRB. New bar, chain and rim sprocket. I have never replaced a spur with rim before. Is it normal that there is room for the sprocket to slide in and out? Like it is self centering? Seems like it should have a washer on each side to hold it in place better. Very excited to sink the 49SP into wood for the first time. This is the saw that I got from good friend who got from his FIL. Runs super nice even after 7 years sitting. But they had bad sprocket and messed up tensioner.

My parts finally came in from LRB. New bar, chain and rim sprocket. I have never replaced a spur with rim before. Is it normal that there is room for the sprocket to slide in and out? Like it is self centering? Seems like it should have a washer on each side to hold it in place better. Very excited to sink the 49SP into wood for the first time. This is the saw that I got from good friend who got from his FIL. Runs super nice even after 7 years sitting. But they had bad sprocket and messed up tensioner.
Yes, that’s normal.

Well, I couldn't help myself. I don't think I have CAD yet, but I went ahead and bought that 49SP that was on CL. At 125$ I probably paid too much, but it looks like it has a lot of life left in it. Seller said it ran last time they tried it out. Was his fathers. One owner. Tilton bar- could that be original? Chain is sharpened down to nothing. I bet this is a one chain chain saw. Appears lightly used. Compression feels good. Rewind rope is loose. I hope this is my last saw purchase for some time. View attachment 893274View attachment 893275
Yes that's normal and a good thing;it self centers. Make sure you have the correct retaining washers for the drum as per the IPL for your saw.

That is very likely the original Tilton bar.....good catch!

Kevin

Yes that's normal and a good thing;it self centers. Make sure you have the correct retaining washers for the drum as per the IPL for your saw.

That is very likely the original Tilton bar.....good catch!

Kevin
Not likely, though perhaps, if the original buyer added it to the the saw pkg. at additional cost. Most all new 49SPs came through with Sandvick laminated bars in 0.325 with non replaceable roller noses. Remember these were the ultimate price point saw of the series. Many parts were pared down/economized to keep them inexpensive relative to the 52/52E/521E and the Tilton Super Bar would have been priced much higher. That bar was actually made by Sugi Hara...judging from that replaceable tip...

Nice little line up!! Good looking pair of 49S!!! Yes as stated the rim is free to travel wherever it wants. It will self center to the bar slot. I've seen bent tensioner screws many times before.......usually caused by someone not getting the pin in the hole properly and cranking down on the cover nuts......

Back