Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another......this baby is dressed up like a shined old used car with brand new retread front tires!!!!! LOL!!
Pretty spendy too......with a broken top cover.....and a spur sprocket....Probably a decent saw though......otherwise.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144478466800?hash=item21a39672f0:g:~zUAAOSwrjxiQF4u
$700 for an 80....has it really come to that??? Yeah, it looks decent but com'on. Looks like they polished the top somehow....looks weird that way.

Yeah, top cracked near the AF and chunk out of the recoil case. Spur drive can be replaced with floating rim....they're still out there. Heck, I found a NOS floating rim drive for my 111S.

A good solid $150-$200 eBay saw not that many yrs ago. Crazy is as crazy does......

Kevin

Here's another......this baby is dressed up like a shined old used car with brand new retread front tires!!!!! LOL!!
Pretty spendy too......with a broken top cover.....and a spur sprocket....Probably a decent saw though......otherwise.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144478466800?hash=item21a39672f0:g:~zUAAOSwrjxiQF4u

Dude has less than 90% positive feedback. No way would I buy anything from him, at any price!

And I really don't think that's the going rate for an 80. Maybe half that, at best. Having said that, I'm happy to be wrong. I have an 80 with a bunch of spares that I need to sell,

Dude has less than 90% positive feedback. No way would I buy anything from him, at any price!

And I really don't think that's the going rate for an 80. Maybe half that, at best. Having said that, I'm happy to be wrong. I have an 80 with a bunch of spares that I need to sell,
I never even looked that far into his feedback rating.....absolutely 'no' on 90% or less....there's a story there and it ain't good....lol.

*I looked into it....apparently, this one negative feedback torpedoed his score. It 'sounds' like the buyer lied to PayPal about the real condition of the saw(394xp), trying to get his money back or keep the saw with a full refund. I know that happens;buyers putting broken parts on a sound saw they just bought, sending the pics in as a 'dispute' for a saw not as pictured or described. So far, PayPal errors on the side of the buyer....they know that. If the buyer is asked to send the saw back, he keeps the good parts he took off and sends the saw back with broken parts. Hence the seller gets a 'broken' saw back.

This seller accuses the buyer of "manipulating" PayPal that way. I tend to believe that's the way this sale went down....he has no other negatives.

Kevin

Got some neat advertising in the mail today. These are four different pieces. Each are about 13.5” x 9.75”. They’re two sided, printed on cardboard that’s about 3/16” thick.
The back side of each has a different scene, but it’s the same one pictured on another one. Example - the one with the guy holding the 111S has the picture of the 111S on the back.
Anyone know what the smaller saw is?

EDIT - almost forgot about the other sign. Also cardboard. This one is 22” x 10”.

788ABD86-0317-4DC2-9AF0-042FDE6D5F27.jpeg
0F35362F-30CD-4D85-9E8B-6C87D9F12A45.jpeg

Got some neat advertising in the mail today. These are four different pieces. Each are about 13.5” x 9.75”. They’re two sided, printed on cardboard that’s about 3/16” thick.
The back side of each has a different scene, but it’s the same one pictured on another one. Example - the one with the guy holding the 111S has the picture of the 111S on the back.
Anyone know what the smaller saw is?

EDIT - almost forgot about the other sign. Also cardboard. This one is 22” x 10”.

View attachment 977559
View attachment 977564

I believe the smaller saw to be an early 52 or maybe a 52E........or perhaps a 51...but one of those three as close as I can tell from the pics.

Finishing up my 820 and I'm missing a few small pieces .
What's the purpose of the small plastic removable covers on the top cover ? I'm thinking maybe a weather/temperature thing but not sure .
If anyone has a spare they'd like to sell I'd be interested in one .
Thanks
Ernie

Attachments

• KIMG2120.JPG
    KIMG2120.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • KIMG2119.JPG
    KIMG2119.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • KIMG2117.JPG
    KIMG2117.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
  • KIMG2116.JPG
    KIMG2116.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 3
I was just asking about the two plastic pieces that are removable from the cover ...I was asking what there purpose was and if anyone had an extra they'd sell .
Ernie

Latest posts

Back