Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott-Not sure on anything but death & taxes....lol. I've never seen anything but the Jonsereds paint in there. People that have split a lot of cases in these old saws like Robin & Eric could tell you more what they found in there.

My 80 runs a 28" bar all the time with .404 chain. My 90 runs a 32" bar all the time with the same chain. No sweat on either saw but they are at their maximum bar lengths for that chain(Oregon 68CJ).

Kevin
There was a run of a couple years where Jonsereds coated inside of the oil and fuel tanks with a green/grayish material on over the regular red paint. Over time it failed and wrinkled off generally taking most of the red paint with it. One of those good ideas on paper but not so much in practice.

There was a run of a couple years where Jonsereds coated inside of the oil and fuel tanks with a green/grayish material on over the regular red paint. Over time it failed and wrinkled off generally taking most of the red paint with it. One of those good ideas on paper but not so much in practice.
Good stuff/knowledge! I had an old J'reds that was puking out greenish/gray stuff from the fuel tank, but never had that in any other old J'reds. I just figured a PO put that in there at some point.

Kevin

Ernie, I don't completely understand your query. Are you asking if the clutch cover dawg fits the same on a 2094/2095?

Or, are you asking if the full-wrap handle for the 2094, will fit the same on a 2095?

Kevin
I bought a full wrap for my 2095 but it doesn't have the correct inner spike to mount the handle to but I did find a a few that are said to fit a 2094
I was wondering if the two dogs are the same between the 94-95
Ernie

I bought a full wrap for my 2095 but it doesn't have the correct inner spike to mount the handle to but I did find a a few that are said to fit a 2094
I was wondering if the two dogs are the same between the 94-95
Ernie
Ernie, I think we're just falling out over nomenclature terms.......can you post some pics and circle the offending parts?

I have a saw friend that really knows these two saws and I can ask once I understand your query.....plus I have a 2094 with the full wrap to look at.

Kevin

Ernie, I think we're just falling out over nomenclature terms.......can you post some pics and circle the offending parts?

I have a saw friend that really knows these two saws and I can ask once I understand your query.....plus I have a 2094 with the full wrap to look at.

Kevin
I wouldn't be able to post any pics of my saw till the weekend.
As I understand it the full wrap handle mounts to the inner dog on both saws correct?
And will the same dog fit both saws or do they use there own individual dogs ?
Ernie

I'm thinking they are the same on both models, but he'll know. I'll post back when he replies. When he sent me my 2094....he had taped to the saw some of the full-wrap mounting system. Somehow they had slid out of the box and were missing. I think it was this very dawg and some other stuff....lol. He had to find and resend the parts after the carrier's damage claim. The carrier did their best to destroy the saw......I was lucky he packed it so well!

General rule of thumb here;if something comes from east of the Mississippi it's brutalized by any of the carriers.

Kevin

Will this work on a 2095?
Ernie, as I suspected, they are the same on both saws.

However, he said this, "Its the same spike on both saws. Its hard to tell but I am pretty sure the ones on ebay are reproductions. The outer spike you get with the set doesn't line up perfectly with the inner set. I have them on mine I am building currently."

Kevin

Ernie, as I suspected, they are the same on both saws.

However, he said this, "Its the same spike on both saws. Its hard to tell but I am pretty sure the ones on ebay are reproductions. The outer spike you get with the set doesn't line up perfectly with the inner set. I have them on mine I am building currently."

Kevin
Thank you for the helpful information..now I'll have to find out what's original and whats a repop.
Ernie

Thank you for the helpful information..now I'll have to find out what's original and whats a repop.
Ernie
If it's eBay, I'd just straight up ask the seller and if they lie, you can get a full refund through PayPal if it doesn't fit correctly.

He just PMed me and said there was a used one listed that is most likely authentic.

Kevin

If it's eBay, I'd just straight up ask the seller and if they lie, you can get a full refund through PayPal if it doesn't fit correctly.

He just PMed me and said there was a used one listed that is most likely authentic.

Kevin
I did see the used one listed ..I will have to ask the seller about authenticity.
Thank you!
Ernie

Back