Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 111S. Last of the '70s 110cc saws that started with the 110. I heard it was only made for export since Sweden didn't have trees big enough to tame it. Think it's tied with one of their '50s models for largest Jonsereds.

From what some of the oldtimers here told me, they really don't run that well for the size, but it's a nice solid saw. A while back it seemed like everyone had one.

Same size as the XF.

Yes, the first 110cc one was the XF, made 1960-69.

I only have one Jonsereds, but I made it count.

John.jpg

Okay, men...repeat after me:

"YOU SUCK!!"
:D

2175w

You are all talking like it's obvious what a 2175W is....WHAT IS IT!:chainsaw:

Floor isn't bad either. Remodel in progress?

Real question is did the 111S get used in the remodel process! I still remember my dad cutting into the house wall to "trim" an area so a stairway would fit he was putting in....hilarious

Interesting how John in Ma turns the sentiment away from certain people and the idea that they suck.

Some will remember that John in Ma got his 111 on Ebay. While quite a few of us were waiting to see who would be the first bid, John called the obviously new ebayer and suggested that since he wasn't getting many bids, John would take it off his hands for $20, or some such figure.

But the icing was showing up here again to brag about sneaking in underneath everybody and laugh in our faces.

Interesting how John in Ma turns the sentiment away from certain people and the idea that they suck.

Some will remember that John in Ma got his 111 on Ebay. While quite a few of us were waiting to see who would be the first bid, John called the obviously new ebayer and suggested that since he wasn't getting many bids, John would take it off his hands for $20, or some such figure.

But the icing was showing up here again to brag about sneaking in underneath everybody and laugh in our faces.

Had I known AS members (or anyone, really) were considering that saw I wouldn't have pulled the end-around, and my posting about it here wasn't trying to show up the people who turned out to be watching. It wasn't my intention to rub anyone's nose in anything. I apologize for the move. There's only so much I can say--it was years ago.

In case any newer guys want the story, in early 2002 someone listed a seized Jonsereds chainsaw with a blurry photo and not much of a description. I believe within a couple days of the end it still had no bids. I emailed the seller and asked if there was a price he'd want to sell it for. His response was that if I could pay his starting figure ($35) I'd own it. I agreed and got the saw.

Here is my new 2186. I thought my 359 was ok for big wood till i brought this home, wow!

I retract the Bile and venom: stand-up response from John.

Not like I can complain too loud...I snagged a 90 in the meantime, and got a "parts" 621 on Ebay that really only needed a carb kit and an anti-vibe mount.

I retract the Bile and venom: stand-up response from John.

Not like I can complain too loud...I snagged a 90 in the meantime, and got a "parts" 621 on Ebay that really only needed a carb kit and an anti-vibe mount.

so lets see pics of the 90 and 621...

Jonsered is dead?

That's it? six pages and the Jred thread is dead???:cry:

Back