Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fellow selling that saw is our own @David Major. You will receive that saw if you buy it. He and his shipping (Fed Ex) are as dependable as the Sunrise. He has been an asset to our community for quite a while now and many folks (including myself) have become his customers. That $105 shipping from Budapest is probably exactly what it cost to ship it. I believe that’s a pretty heavy saw, includes bar and chains too. You won’t be disappointed.

The fellow selling that saw is our own @David Major. You will receive that saw if you buy it. He and his shipping (Fed Ex) are as dependable as the Sunrise. He has been an asset to our community for quite a while now and many folks (including myself) have become his customers. That $105 shipping from Budapest is probably exactly what it cost to ship it. I believe that’s a pretty heavy saw, includes bar and chains too. You won’t be disappointed.
Good to know and that is a long ship!! I expect you're right about shipping cost especially with a B&C.

The 751 is surprisingly light for such an old 75CC saw. Generally we think of older saws as heavy but I don't think the 751 is nearly as heavy as, say an 80/801/90. Really quite a compact unit with no AV. Gotta grab some time and get mine running!! To many saws and not enough time!!!
Good luck to David Major!!

Nice to know. FedEx is anything but dependable in my experience. Sure, they've never lost anything for me, but they have destroyed many items in the past, especially heavy items. Most were very well-packed. The irony there is that more well-packed items were destroyed than items that were shamefully packed......go figure.

Coming from Budapest, $105 shipping is very reasonable.....I've seen charges that high here in the States for shipping saws.

Kevin

Well that didn't take long......about 24hrs.....and the 751 has a new address.....wonder if that's anyone we know?

I'm diving back into my 910e project. Most parts are cleaned, the muffler has been repainted. All of the insulation on the ignition + coil has been replaced. But I made a booboo and didn't take pictures before I disassembled several months ago. Could someone take a picture of the airbox layout? I can't remember where the ground lead coming off the coil-on-plug goes, and I don't see it in the 830-930 service manual.
1000007845.jpg

Also, @Cantdog or @Real1shepherd, would you happen to know what the differences are between the Tillotson HS-199A and the 920/930 HS-219A are and if they're interchangeable?

I'm diving back into my 910e project. Most parts are cleaned, the muffler has been repainted. All of the insulation on the ignition + coil has been replaced. But I made a booboo and didn't take pictures before I disassembled several months ago. Could someone take a picture of the airbox layout? I can't remember where the ground lead coming off the coil-on-plug goes, and I don't see it in the 830-930 service manual.
View attachment 1168113

Also, @Cantdog or @Real1shepherd, would you happen to know what the differences are between the Tillotson HS-199A and the 920/930 HS-219A are and if they're interchangeable?

Here are a couple of pics of a 910 that I haven't gotten to yet. It looks like the grounding wire dives under the intake boot and comes out to the right side of the carb to a grounding point.

As far as your carb question.....I'm not a carb swapper. I rebuild & use what came on the saw. I've not been drawn into switching models for bigger intake/performance......or different carbs you can put on a saw versus the OE etc. And.....I never had a 920/930, so......sometimes it's just a linkage/configuration change and the carb is basically the same spec.

Kevin

Attachments

• 910 wire routing.jpg
    910 wire routing.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 910 wire routing 2.jpg
    910 wire routing 2.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 0
Here are a couple of pics of a 910 that I haven't gotten to yet. It looks like the grounding wire dives under the intake boot and comes out to the right side of the carb to a grounding point.

As far as your carb question.....I'm not a carb swapper. I rebuild & use what came on the saw. I've not been drawn into switching models for bigger intake/performance......or different carbs you can put on a saw versus the OE etc. And.....I never had a 920/930, so......sometimes it's just a linkage/configuration change and the carb is basically the same spec.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin. This will be helpful when I'm reassembling.

I emailed Tillotson asking about the HS-199 vs. HS-219, here was their reply:

The HS-219 B,C are practically the same and are interchangeable.
The HS-219A is fitted with a governor valve which prevents the engine from over-revving, other than that is the same as the B and C models.
These 3 models will have the same appearance in hardware i.e. throttle and choke linkages, covers etc. The throttle bore and Venturi diameter is the same in all.
The HS-199A is the original carburettor which was used. This is the same size in throttle bore and Venturi diameter however the external hardware i.e. chokes, and throttle linkages are different.
I'm not that interested in extra performance (not in this saw at least), I was just more curious.

And I figured I'd mention it here in case it helps someone down the line. In the 451 and 910 rebuild process I realized that the unique coil-on-plug used on those two models is the same p/n for both. If you ever find yourself needing one, a used 451 can be a donor.

Thanks Kevin. This will be helpful when I'm reassembling.

I emailed Tillotson asking about the HS-199 vs. HS-219, here was their reply:

I'm not that interested in extra performance (not in this saw at least), I was just more curious.

Yeah, like I said it's often just a difference in linkage and configuration within the same family of saws. Governors appear and disappear within the same carb designs. I always defeat them by plugging their bases with a brass cut shim. I think I have a 80/90 carb that had a governor....kinda rare to see that on a 80/90. It also had some improved linkage wear features.

Cool that Tillotson answered back..... good bit of carb trivia!

Kevin

Back