Jonsereds 49sp ring end gap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlamppa1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Putting a new piston and ring in a 49. Anyone know the ring end gap number and does anyone have an extra air filter they would part with? Thanks.

0.005 is bit tight during break in but will run in near 0.007 most times or more. Let us assume he is cleaning up a used cylinder so it will have some wear most times and new rings won't be as tight.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am using the old cylinder, it is in very great shape.

The point will probably be moot anyway.........I check end gap on every assembly but can't even remember the last time I had to file a ring on a saw motor using good quality rings like Caber.
To each is own..... but as I said I prefer 0.005- 0.007 on a single ring 49SP.......and I've put together a few and never had problem 1 using these numbers...it's rare to even have them be that tight......generally in a used cyl that's in good condition they fall in the 0.006- 0.009" range right out of the box.

Back