Jred problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjtree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found a brand new Cs2236t i bought it, but it fouls the plug out every tank of fuel, its dry but black carbon coated, what do I need to do.

What kind of oil are you using? Have you adjusted the tune? What's the muffler look like, full of oil?

Inspect your plug cap and the spring that goes into the plug wire.

What kind of oil are you using? Have you adjusted the tune? What's the muffler look like, full of oil?
Haven't pulled the muffler but there is oil residue coming out the exhaust. I'm using sthil mix as all my other saws are sthil, and I shop there more

Rev it up while adjusting the H needle. Slowly bring the needle in while blipping it to wide open. When it goes from being rough sounding to fast, flat, and smooth, you then slightly back the H needle out until it is just on the fringe of sounding rough again.

If you're using the silver bottle Stihl oil, that is probably part of your problem. A small saw like this Jonsered (I'm assuming here, correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't get run real hard making long-duration cuts. Many small saws have problems with oils that are harder to combust, especially at ratios greater than 50:1.

Personally I'd suggest switching to a different oil. Try echo Red Armor or maybe Amsoil Saber. Don't add any more than 50:1.

You definitely need to understand how to tune the saw. It's not rocket surgery, and it's crucially important to avoiding melting your saw down. Just talked to a guy today who melted down a Stihl 460 TWICE. He didn't know how to check for that burble or rough sound that Dakman mentioned. Once you get an ear for it, you'll check every saw while you're running it. You want it to clean up easily in the cut, but 4-stroke when you lift it out of the wood at WOT.

It's actually the old orange bottle and non ethanol fuel. And I've ran sthil oil in every small trim saw I've ever owned and this is the first one that has ever gave me trouble Yes it's a jonsered the equivalent to husky 435t or the red max

Rev it up while adjusting the H needle. Slowly bring the needle in while blipping it to wide open. When it goes from being rough sounding to fast, flat, and smooth, you then slightly back the H needle out until it is just on the fringe of sounding rough again.
Will try in the morning.

Being brand new it will be tuned rich for the initial run in period (5 hours run time was the old Jonsered recommendation) and then you took it to whoever sold it to you to be tuned correctly as a run in saw should be.
If you bought it from a reputable Jonsered agent- take it back to them to tune if you are not sure.

Thank you for the advice. The place I bought it does not service them. So I'm going to take it to the husky dealer tomorrow, I reckon anyway.

Back