• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Judging interest (stihl hardware kit)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
wondering if anyone would be interested in a kit like this, guys hit me up for screws all the time
just a harbor freight divider box
all parts Farmertec, my actual cost $26.43 and $4.99 is the box, would probably offer it at about $55 shipped in the US, probably refine the assortment some if people have suggestions
91 screws all torx27 (oil pump and brake cover screws, self tappers for handles and spikes on the smaller plastic saws, 5x12, 16, 20, 25, 35, specialty av mount screws for 360 and 361), clutch washers, bar nuts, carb nuts, felling spike nuts, fuel filters, chain catchers, muffler gaskets, flywheel keys, oil pump sealing rings, 4mm brake hardware e-clips, brake spring (the little one that falls off under your bench), chain tensioners, clutch bearings, impulse nipple
just kicking around ideas
DDave
IMG_5317_zpsf5ab87ed.jpg

IMG_5318_zps53c3edc3.jpg

You'd have to know the percentage rate, and how frequently it was compounded to really know for sure
Damn, had to read it twice, first time I assumed you were hearing voices...:)
DDave

seems stupid that the box costs such a big percentage, maybe I can find something a little better and or cheaper
Dave

My suggestions: Get a bigger box even if the compartments aren't full, they aren't that much more if any. Sometimes the boxes can be found for a good price at hobby stores or craft stores. I've also found that sporting goods stores sell them in various departments. The larger box would allow someone to add their own items.
Probably stay away from items that only fit a particular model(s) of saws.
I don't see the screws that fit the 1127 series saws. These saws use three different screws. These saws are very common so accommodating to those would make sense.
I have a box full of hardware like this for Stihl 1127, one for other Stihl models, one for Husqvarnas, one for Poulan saws.
The general concept I think is sound. Not sure what the best presentation to the market would be, perhaps an assortment tailored to a particular brand/model.

yeah the 8mm E clips, bumper strips for inside the clutch covers, decomp valves and decomp plugs, tank vents
Dave
Those would all be good. On the bumper strips, the 025/MS250 and probably some of the other smaller saws use a different bumper, it looks almost the same but the protruding part is closer to the edge.

How much if I get a box with Pioneer parts?
man I aint got no pioneer partz no mo' that Duke feller came got em all a ways back :)
What did you do with those 2 six foot ripping chains that were hanging on the wall in my garage when you came through like the avenging wind of chainsaws past ? :)
DDave

My suggestions: Get a bigger box even if the compartments aren't full, they aren't that much more if any. Sometimes the boxes can be found for a good price at hobby stores or craft stores. I've also found that sporting goods stores sell them in various departments. The larger box would allow someone to add their own items.
Probably stay away from items that only fit a particular model(s) of saws.
I don't see the screws that fit the 1127 series saws. These saws use three different screws. These saws are very common so accommodating to those would make sense.
I have a box full of hardware like this for Stihl 1127, one for other Stihl models, one for Husqvarnas, one for Poulan saws.
The general concept I think is sound. Not sure what the best presentation to the market would be, perhaps an assortment tailored to a particular brand/model.

At least initially I would do a Stihl box, because I order and use/sell them by the thousands already, but a lot of saw guys don't want to buy screws in bags of 500 :)

of course those little bastard clamshells have to have their own hardware :) I will look into it. Should be getting the M6 muffler bolts and cylinder bolts in soon as well.

I just got tired of spending $1-3 per fastener, just silly IMHO.

I could go really crazy and include carb kits and fuel lines and oil seals and all four bearings and Caber ring sets and Loctite 518 and scotchbrite and mandrels and lions and tigers and bears oh my.....

Seriously I appreciate the input, a bigger box is what I use for my fasteners in the shop, but I want to make sure it ships economically too, cost is cost and you never know what something is worth till you know what it REALLY costs, unless it's priceless and I am pretty sure dufus dave saw parts aint priceless :)

P.S. if anybody needs about 500 chain break handle bolts, I may have accidentally ordered 1000 of a bolt that I need one of per saw :(

What about 6mm bolts?

I'd take a kit, minus the box since I already have a crash kit box I use. Then you could toss it all in a padded envelope and save on shipping too.
That there is a thought. Let people provide their own box. It would probably fit in a small flat rate box and there would be enough savings on shipping to let people buy their own box. ie, offer it with or without the box...

What about 6mm bolts?

I'd take a kit, minus the box since I already have a crash kit box I use. Then you could toss it all in a padded envelope and save on shipping too.
6mm are in my current order, just trying to make sure I have everything people need before it goes out
I am all OCD, if I dumped everything in a giant Ziploc, what would customers think of me :)

DDave

pretty sure I had them rolled up in a milk crate, did they end up being for ripping or just big loops, just curious :)

and not a bad idea to offer with or without a box, maybe even let people build their own assortment - oh wait they can do that now :)

6mm are in my current order, just trying to make sure I have everything people need before it goes out
I am all OCD, if I dumped everything in a giant Ziploc, what would customers think of me :)

DDave

I'd say the commercial kit would be the bin but this could be a non advertised option for the in the know crowd. Also people are going to want refills. I'd burn through that many screws for huskys in a year, Stihls probably a bit longer since I build 20:1 husky to stihl.

Latest posts

Back