• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Judging interest (stihl hardware kit)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a bunch of standard husky screws set out on the bench. I'll pull a few more starter cover and top cover screws out and get them measured up soon.

DD when is the Stihl kit going to be available?

DD you should also add starter paws to the Stihl kit.
starter pawls good idea, I am used to just tossing a new recoil on anything that needs it, Stihl kit maybe 2-2 1/2 weeks, maybe a bit sooner plenty of most stuff in stock but a few things such as 8mm E-clips I am out of
anything odd or different about screws used in Huskys?
DDave

starter pawls good idea, I am used to just tossing a new recoil on anything that needs it, Stihl kit maybe 2-2 1/2 weeks, maybe a bit sooner plenty of most stuff in stock but a few things such as 8mm E-clips I am out of
DDave

Most are flange screws (built in washer under the head).

503200710.jpg

Any idea on cost for the repair kit- boxes, Sorry if I missed just trying to get an idea, thanks

ordering everything mentioned in this thread, you guys rock
waiting on vendors to get back to me on Husky fasteners, but I really regret getting rid of the boxes of those screws I bought back in the hoard, just no idea what they were for :(
DDave

Hi Dave I'm in New Zealand but I would be keen on a kit or 2 once you got up on runing I would be keen on kits for certain stihl models and maybe those other orange ones that people use
Cheers
It's a brilliant idea you got goin on

DDave

dang just lost one of those clips the other day, I have some generic ones that came out of a cheap parts store box that I put back on the saw, they are about half the strength. Atleast putting the e clip on and off is easy, but I can't seeing it lasting.

Here are IMO the most common husky screws. I measured the length in inches so you'll have to convert them to metric.

M5 on the top left are general use.

M6 is only used on some saws for the muffler to cylinder.

The partially threaded M5 bolt on the top right is used for AV limiting pins on 365/371/372 and 394/395 saws.

The M5 Phillips/slotted heads on the bottom left are top cover screws:
Left is used for most 3 series saws. Like the 372, and 395. Also used for the side cover through the chain brake handle on the 365/371/372 saws.
Right is used for most 2 series saws. Like the 272, 288, and the 50/51/55 series.

M5 Phillips/slotted heads on the bottom center are side cover screws:
Left is most 2 series saws.
Middle is most 3 series saws.
Right is most plastic cased saws.

M6 plastic screw on the bottom left are used to hold the front handle on various saws and the M5 one is used on some plastic saw models for other things.

Any other bolts/screws that might be needed you can get from any hardware store or are specific length carb/muffler bolts.

IMG_3840.JPG

Here are IMO the most common husky screws. I measured the length in inches so you'll have to convert them to metric.

M5 on the top left are general use.

M6 is only used on some saws for the muffler to cylinder.

The partially threaded M5 bolt on the top right is used for AV limiting pins on 365/371/372 and 394/395 saws.

The M5 Phillips/slotted heads on the bottom left are top cover screws:
Left is used for most 3 series saws. Like the 372, and 395. Also used for the side cover through the chain brake handle on the 365/371/372 saws.
Right is used for most 2 series saws. Like the 272, 288, and the 50/51/55 series.

M5 Phillips/slotted heads on the bottom center are side cover screws:
Left is most 2 series saws.
Middle is most 3 series saws.
Right is most plastic cased saws.

M6 plastic screw on the bottom left are used to hold the front handle on various saws and the M5 one is used on some plastic saw models for other things.

Any other bolts/screws that might be needed you can get from any hardware store or are specific length carb/muffler bolts.

View attachment 392641

quoted to like it twice, that should set me on the path to knowledge!!
Dave

Cap head flange screws
M5xM10
M5xM16
M5xM19
M5XM30
M6xM16 for muffler mounting to cylinder
M5xM20 with partial threads for AV limiting pin 371/372

Phillips/Slotted head top cover screws
M5xM25 for the 372 and 395
M5xM30 for the 272, 288, 50, 51 and 55

Phillips/Slotted head side cover screws
M5x16 for 2 series saws
M5x19 for 3 series saws
M5x20 for plastic cased saws

Self-Tapping Cap head flange screws for handles and other plastic
M5x25M fine thread
M6x16M coarse thread
M6x24M coarse thread
M6x19M fine thread
M6x25M fine thread

this is what I came up with from Scarr's post - hopefully they can get me all of these
again thanks for all the help
DDave

Cap head flange screws
M5xM10
M5xM16
M5xM19
M5XM30
M6xM16 for muffler mounting to cylinder
M5xM20 with partial threads for AV limiting pin 371/372

Phillips/Slotted head top cover screws
M5xM25 for the 372 and 395
M5xM30 for the 272, 288, 50, 51 and 55

Phillips/Slotted head side cover screws
M5x16 for 2 series saws
M5x19 for 3 series saws
M5x20 for plastic cased saws

Self-Tapping Cap head flange screws for handles and other plastic
M5x25M fine thread
M6x16M coarse thread
M6x24M coarse thread
M6x19M fine thread
M6x25M fine thread

this is what I came up with from Scarr's post - hopefully they can get me all of these
again thanks for all the help
DDave

M5xM30 for the 272, 288, 50, 51 and 55 <- The head diameter of 0.330" on these is pretty critical as they are a tight fit into the counter bores already. All the rest can have a 0.340" diameter head.

M5xM30 for the 272, 288, 50, 51 and 55 <- The head diameter of 0.330" on these is pretty critical as they are a tight fit into the counter bores already. All the rest can have a 0.340" diameter head.
gotcha, on that
it is not always the easiest conversation, I told them initially to send me a bag of every fastener they have for Husqvarna, but they wanted a list of fasteners I wanted. They build saws so I am "cautiously hopeful" that what I sent them yields the screws people want.
If they send me screws that are too fat I can include a dremel grinding wheel in each kit :)
Dave

auctally Ive found that chucking the screw up in a cordless drill and spinning it, while grinding it on the grinding wheel works better gives a more better size - if that's such a thing

Damn, had to read it twice, first time I assumed you were hearing voices...:)
DDave

seems stupid that the box costs such a big percentage, maybe I can find something a little better and or cheaper
Dave

Ddave, I bought a 5 pack of similar boxes in the fishin dept at Gander Mountain for 12 or 13 bucks. Made by Plano or Flambeu but with the GM logo. If you don't have a local one just look online. Cabelas, Bass Pro, Sports Academy, and Dicks Sporting Goods are others you might check.

home depot just had three pack of storage boxes about same size in you pic for $4
got a few cheapest i've ever seen them.
keep up the good work double D.

edit. actually just looked back at your pic, HD ones are actually a bunch bigger.
would be better for "pro" kit.
i'd be in for a couple also.

I know old thread did you end up making kits looked on ebay store but do t see them

Latest posts

Back